Sunday, September 28, 2014

Wait... it's been a year???

Dearest Rice, Stringy, and Limpy,

Well gurls, it has been a year, a whole freaking year, since we started this blog. It's been such a wonderful year filled with many different things. Some of these things were great.

Great things that have happened on OTAS and elsewhere to the Foursome in the last twelve months:


  • The Hartford Project, obviously.
  • The round story. 
  • Laura graduated from high school and went away to school and became somewhat of a real live adult.
  • Grace turned 17, and can drive now, which is just weird and maybe not particularly great.
  • Mercy, somehow, survived an entire year of real school without killing anyone, if that's not impressive, then I don't know what is.
  • All of the new private jokes that were invented. (MAYOnaise, Mother Father, Tentacle).
  • That time we went to go see TFIOS together. That was a glorious experience.
  • The 100th post.
  • That weekend in February that Shanko was birthed.
There were also some not so great things that happened this year.

Not great things that happened to the Foursome 
  • That weekend in February that Shanko was birthed.
  • That Shanko post.
  • Yeah, nothing else particularly horrid happened this year other thank Shanko.
My point is, this year has been a superawesglamfultastic. And this blog has contributed a great deal to this. I love all of you and I can't believe a year has gone by already. I'm going to express my feelings about this blog in gif-like fashion.







Alright, gurl please y'all.

-Rosie


Dear Rose, Laura, and Mercy

Ahhh! I can't believe it's been a whole year already! I remember sitting on Mercy's bed, talking on the phone about all the possible names we could go with. We spent more time rabbit trailing than we did actually contemplating ideas. And then Laura suddenly mentions "Our Thoughts Are Stars" and it just happened. I think we said we'd "use it for now, but if we come up with something better, we can change it." But now, even a whole year later, I feel like it is still the perfect fit. All the thoughts that you girls write down on here are beautiful. I get so excited to read them and it's definitely a bright spot in my life. (And as terribly cheesy as that sounds, it's true)
The past year has been one of the hardest. Probably the hardest that I can think of. There were points where I felt like I couldn't go on because all the the bad things were piling up and crushing me. Thinking about it is making my hands shake and my head spin. But... through it all... I knew that this blog was here and that helped. I feel like I left vague posts about things or I'd just mention that I was feeling terrible and the next week of posts would be filled with so much love... and (I think I said this to Laura via text) I am eternally grateful for you guys. More Chris Eccleston GIFs were used to tell me that I am fantastic than is probably socially acceptable. Except on here, this blog, it is more than socially acceptable. It is the social norm. And I love that.
And I guess I don't have anything left to say that hasn't already been said a million times before. So thank you for an incredible year. Thank you for hitting me over the head when I'm being stupid, giving me virtual hugs when I'm feeling sad, giving me advice and taking my advice. Thanks for letting me get to know you all a bit better and for letting me share myself with you all. Thanks for helping me see that everyone is just as unsure about life as I am, and everyone is just as messed up as I think I am. Thank you for this year, and I hope we have many more to come. 
(Excuse me while I go cry now) 
<3 G



GOOD EVENING GURLS/LAURA, ROSE, AND GRACE! It's Sunday. Wow.
Feels weird saying (typing?) that...
I can't believe it's been a year! Like, it honestly feels like yesterday that Grace and I were crowded around the den computer, the very one I'm sitting at now, talking to Laura and Rosie on the phone, with Lydia hovering over our shoulder, while we worked on setting up this beloved blog. Picking out themes and colors, assuring the two on the other line that they could change whatever they wanted and "Our Thoughts Are Stars" would just be a temporary name till we all thought of something better. But as fate would have it, there was nothing better because the title we so carelessly picked just happened to be the perfect fit.
And that's okay, because it really is the best name for this small third space on the internet that us four share.
So gurls, in honor of this day (okay last week actually) we all should celebrate (aside from this post, obviously)- and it doesn't matter that it will most likely be celebrating individually, because even when we're not physically together, we're mentally together because #samebrain.
So celebrate in whatever what you feel fit- each a carton of ice cream while having a Supernatural marathon by yourself.
Steal your sisters iPod for the day and jam out to k-pop while you create something delicious in the kitchen.
Get out and take a break from crazy, stressful college life and get a cake with a friend.
But either way, do something that makes you happy. That's all.
I'm celebrating by bombarding you with gifs.










I love you gurls.
xoxo, Mercy




It's the Laura! Gurls, has it already been a year? Time seems to have passed in the blink of an eye. And yet it has dragged on all at once. Milkshakes melt. People change (Rosie is now muttering to herself, and you dumped me on my birthday). And here we are today- some things are the same, yet many of them are different.
    Gracie is driving, guys. How weirdly awesome is that? She is a brave high school senior, taking a gap year and fantastically figuring out just what it is that God wants for her life. She is in danger of becoming seriously beautiful, an advocate for the needy with potential to change the world. And I am in awe of her.
    Mercy has a life now. How did she become a sophomore with a dramatic flair and an affinity for leggings as pants? I don't even know. It's like I blinked and now she's almost a grown-up. What is this? It's freaking me out, man. Next time I turn around she'll be a famous Broadway actress with no time for her starving, normal friends. I guess I'll have to just live with that.
    Rose has moved onto my top bunk and into 10th grade, and it's a little sad and strange to be experiencing this first year of my life without her. If my roommate wasn't the sexually explicit carbon copy of Rose, I would probably have dropped out of college by now. I can't wait to come home in two weeks and see how she's changed. It's all lovely and sad and bittersweet, like the final installment in a well-loved book series (Rose is now muttering to herself, Harry freaking Potter).
    I am one-quarter done with my first semester of college, and it has been more than I could ever have hoped for. I'm finally surviving nursing school and taking up a minor in music. I have met some of the best people in the whole world, right here on this little campus that feels more like home than my parents' house. Everything has been slightly unexpected, but I love where God is taking me. And when I think back on where I was this time last year, I am grateful for all the stress and disappointment and confusion. It was well worth it.
    And, you know where all of our experiences from this past year have been documented? Right on this here blog. Going back and reading our old posts makes me happy, because I see God's hand in all of this- in all of our heartaches, trials and triumphs, God was there. He had us write on this blog, to process and grow and lean on one another through it all.
    I can't wait to see what this next year brings. I have no idea what to expect, and half of me is terrified by that but the other half is willing to "just let it happen," as a dear THP leader of ours used to say.
    I don't know about you gurls, but I am so ready to let it go and watch what God does with us. And I hope that on September 23rd, 2015, we can celebrate our anniversary again. I cannot wait.
--Laura :)

No comments:

Post a Comment