Wednesday, August 27, 2014

In which, I rant about technology, hand out gold stars, fangirl about the Beatles, Peter Capaldi, and LBJ, in no particular order.

It's hump day!


It's also LBJ's birthday. And as he was president during Beatlemania, I'm currently listening to the melodious voices of Paul McCartney, John Lennon, Ringo Star, and George Harrison. Maybe because I started to listening to the Beatles in a simpler time in my life, when I was about 10, hearing the Beatles just puts me in a good mood. Also on the subject of LBJ, I was reading about him yesterday (which is actually the Beatles song I'm listening to right now) and I found this: "LBJ loved to give gifts. In his first year as President he spent over 3 times as much as his predecessor on gifts. He particularly liked giving electric toothbrushes. "I give these toothbrushes to friends," he explained, "for then I know that from now until the end of their days they will think of me the first thing in the morning and the last at night." His biographer Doris Kearns received more than 12 from Johnson in 10 years." I just love that even 40 years ago, there were people who had the same flawed logic that I have now. Anyway, I'm going to reply to your posts now.

TAB (The Asian Burrtito): It scares me that we're all going to be adults soon. You get s gold star for voicing that fear.




Anyway, someday, I, Rose Backus, who thought Milwaukee was a state for 14 years, will be trusted to make adult decisions. If that does not scare the crap out of you then I don't know what will. 

Lawrencium: I find it impressive that you were able to finish your post 5 minutes before midnight. You get a gold star for effort. 




Also, your lack of gifs was ever so slightly depressing.

CurlyQTip: First of all, your post title was incredibly clever. You get a gold star as well.




Secondly, I'm sorry you're so confused, you get an extra gold star because I feel bad that you're confused.




Alright, lets get down to business. 

So yesterday, I was at a youth group bonfire, which was actually rather fun. I hung out with this weird combination of John's friend, my over dramatic friends, and all the homeschooled boys, and it was weirdly great. Anyway, the not particularly great part of my night came when we were all sitting in the circle, and naturally because it's a group of teenagers, everyone was sitting in a circle snapchatting each other.  They were sitting right next to each other. What have we become? I mean really, we can't even have face to face conversations anymore. Why is it that people can't people just live in a moment? Why do we have to take a picture of everything remotely memorable rather than just living in the memory? I JUST WISH IT WAS THE 1960'S WHEN EVERYONE LISTENED TO QUALITY MUSIC AND THOUGHT TELEVISION WAS DEMONIC AND BELIEVED IN  PEACE ON EARTH AND JUST I HATE THE WORLD! ASDFGHJKL;'

ALSO, CAN WE JUST TALK ABOUT PETER CAPALDI FOR A SECOND? HE IS FANTASTIC! NOT QUITE AS FANTASTIC AS CHRISTOPHER ECCLESTON, BUT THAT'S JUST BECAUSE HIS CATCH PHRASE WAS FANTASTIC.



Or as clever as David Tennant.


Or as adorable as Matt Smith.



But I love him.

He is perfection. And his accent is beautiful.

Anyway, Grace I'm looking forward to your post tomorrow! Thank you and goodnight!

Gurl please -Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment