Monday, July 14, 2014

This heavenly wedding is all I am waiting for.

    Today is beautiful. Day one of Vacation Bible School at my church is over and done with, and it's already been a blast.
Agency D3 day 1 recap:
Number of songs sung: 12
Music classes taught by yours truly: 3
Breaks: 2.5
Band members who dropped out last minute: 1
Cups of coffee: 2
High fives from children: 37427
Kids I want to steal: 130
    I love being on the music team. There isn't a single person in the VBS band that I dislike. I love being sarcastic and laughing with Andre, complaining with Canaan about bad music and slow wifi, Josh photobombing all the pictures I take, yelling at everyone with Jenny because Jerry is a very nice team leader but far too quiet, pastor Jake being crazy up in the sound booth while we rehearse, and leading opening rally worship with Annabanana. Today was a hectic yet fun Monday. I came home from church, went on a fantastic run, had a delicious lunch with Daddy and Rosie (which she made herself), took a shower, and now I'm sitting out on the back porch in my SHU sweats with a glass of water for my ailing vocal cords, listening to pretty worship music and the birds trilling from the vegetable garden.
    ^^Throwback to Hartford! This song just came on my Spotify playlist. I freaking miss everyone and everything pertaining to THP. Our posts last week were so soothing, cathartic, revitalizing; to read and to write. That week changed my life. Seriously. Ever since I came back from Hartford I've been much less anxious. I nailed a job interview because of this newfound freedom from my old self that has brought me so much joy and competence (I start training for the Cheesecake Factory this weekend!). As I drove about the gray-green Connecticut countryside with Miss Megan yesterday, she -my dear friend of over ten years and too many awkward middle school pictures- turned to me and said "You know, I don't know what it is, but over this last year or so you've just gained that much more confidence. It's really awesome."
    I know what it is. It's God. He has delivered me, a long journey that started about this time last year and climaxed at The Hartford Project. And I know I'm not there yet. I won't be there until my body gives out and my soul soars to rest on high in the unspeakable joy of the lavish embrace of Jesus.
When we arrive at eternity's shore
Where death is just a memory and tears are no more
We'll enter in as the wedding bells ring
Your bride will come together and we'll sing
You're beautiful
    This heavenly wedding is all I am waiting for.
    I mean, (not to rabbit trail) I can't wait for my own wedding too. You have all been privy to my discussions, opinions, and dilemmas with boys, particularly in the last week or so. You know I will probably one day marry. I have felt that call to romance from Jesus. But, you know what I learned from THP? If our marriages are meant to symbolize the marriage of Christ and His Church, the bride, then any man who crosses my path without Godly intentions ain't worth it. I also learned that my theory on how opposites attract could be wrong. I could very well put up with someone as sarcastic, friendly, and passionate about glorifying God as I am, for the rest of my earthly days. It's weird, but that's what I learned from Hartford. I know to look for a guy who loves Jesus more than he loves me and isn't afraid to come out and say he's attracted to me. I know I can think all I want about finding this guy someday, but I will stumble upon him when I least expect it.
    I have been given free reign from my parents over the dating kingdom since I turned eighteen, six months ago. And in these past months I have actually become less awkward around guys- maybe because the pressure of parental control is off. But I have actual guy friends for the first time in forever. How come I haven't dated, then? How come today, when a certain  male member of the worship team (who we will call Caucasian Citrus, for discretion and nickname purposes) put his arm around me and told me he thought everything about me was cute, I roughly twirled out of his embrace and cried "Not in church, young man!"? Because God hasn't introduced me to my future husband yet. He hasn't told me who he is, whether I know him already (THE HORROR) or I won't meet him for twenty years. It's all in God's hands, and I will do just fine until I meet the one my soul craves. I wait on God's word to take action. None of this archaic waiting by my window with a yearning face, hoping to see Prince Charming ride in on a white horse. The only Prince I wait on is Jesus, my first love, who may use my broken life in whatever way He adoringly chooses.
    So, I have brought you gurls up to date on my life. Sorry for this somewhat mushy post- sometimes I have these profound, moving thoughts, and all I can do to stop them from screaming out my ears is share them with the other three-quarters of the Foursome on this here blog.
    OH! And Annie's home! She surprised all of us but mom this time on Friday night. This whole surprising-most-of-us-when-she-comes-home-gig of hers has become quite routine.
    Also, anticipate a change in posting order come autumn. I got my college schedule last week (!!!!!) and my Mondays are as packed as a New York Subway car, complete with an early morning philosophy lecture, healthcare math, and a three-hour nursing anatomy lab at 6:30PM. Maybe I can start a draft after Grace posts on Thursdays and work on it over the weekend? That would work marvelously for my poor overworked soul.
    Anywhoozles, thank you for reading, Internet and the Foursome! Mercy, my lovely lil French croissant, I can't wait to read your post tomorrow. My Tuesdays are forever brightened by your feisty take on life and love and why we were created.
--Laura :)

No comments:

Post a Comment