Thursday, July 31, 2014

I didn't do it justice


Can we just take a minute to talk about this boy and how it's his birthday? I think we will. 

Obviously this video was in order. 

I had started a post and it was sorta going great and then I woke up today and Mr. John Green pleasantly reminded me of Harry's birthday and I was like 'so long, old post. See you never.'
But yeah, Harry Potter's birthday. How old is he? 30 something? 34 is what JK Rowling recently announced on her newest short story that was released on Pottermore a couple weeks back. If you haven't read it, you should. It was magical and beautiful. Just like all of the other Harry Potter writing has been.

So yes, how shall I spend the day celebrating The Boy Who Lived not only in the books but in our hearts and minds? I will probably watch one of the movies with Mercy, make a butterbear of sorts, write fanfiction, talk in a British accent all day and pretend my name is Abbey Raign (my student who attends Hogwarts), play on Pottermore for the first time in months, and listen to Wizard Rock all day. Obviously, what else is there to do? How else can you fully begin to express your love for a book character? How can you even begin to show your appreciation for someone who means so much to you, and yet doesn't even exist?
Now, I know that there are people out there who don't like Harry. They're not allowed to read him, or they don't even have a want to get to know the story. Which is fine, to each their own. But I love Harry Potter. It's a book series that has consumed my mind, many times. Kept boredom at bay, and inspired many adventures. Mercy and I have had many fun evenings wandering around the back yard in our own version of Hogwarts and the wizarding world. Using the shed as Hagrid's hut, the garage as many different common rooms as well as Snape's potions classroom. The front porch was their favorite hangout spot, and the back porch doubled as the charms and the transfiguration classrooms. We created our own Marauders Map, we had a remembrall, and a cloak of invisibility. We got detentions, had homework, and so many Yule Balls. There were exchange students, werewolves, vampires, and so much more. We had created our own type of Hogwarts to satisfy our cravings for the stories to continue. We consumed ourselves with memorizing spells, potions, charms, and so many other things. We even played Quidditch. I was a keeper and I think Mercy was a seeker. So many fond memories.
Not only do I love the magical world and aspects of the story, but I love what the books stand for. Bravery, friendship, love, courage, wisdom, victories and defeats and staying true to yourself and the people you love through it all. How many modern day books express that? Well, how many express it in a truly terrific way? And I'm not going to get into the whole "witchcraft" part because... I strongly disagree and I'm not trying to make this a BE A HARRY POTTER FAN BECAUSE I AM AND I THINK IT'S MAGICAL SO YOU SHOULD TOO post. I'm really just trying to express how much I love these books.

So thank you and a very happy birthday to Jo Rowling who has blessed us with these books.
You're the bomb.com.
You're the brightest witch of your age
and you're loved by many.

Oh and also a very happy birthday to Neville Longbottom.
Master of the puberty spell.

you're adorable. and unforgettable, and secretly every body's favorite. letsbehonest 
Now, I know that this post probably doesn't do justice for the impact that Harry Potter has had on all of us, but... I'm not sure what else to say.

TOO MANY FEELINGS.
So I'll just be done.
Oh attention wee oo wee oo
Mercy and I aren't going to be here next week since we're going to be gone on vacation. And then the week after that, Laura and Rose are going to be gone... so we're going to have to figure something out... but there might not be any posting or weird posting orders for a couple weeks. But if we had some nice friendly guest posts *wink wink* that would be a really awesome solution to our problems.
Just comment, or email us, or tweet us, or send us fan mail on any of the Tumblr blogs that are on our 'Stalk Us' page.
K, I'm done for serious now.
<3 Grace
Gryffindor
7th Year

No comments:

Post a Comment