Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Hello from the other side...of the round story.

Hello. It's me.
Same, Miss Piggy, same.
    Quoting Adele is my favorite thing to do. It's the only way I answer the phone anymore. Joe has threatened to hang up on me countless times...
    ...a thousand tiiiiimes...
    Anywhoozles.
    I think I can echo everyone else and say that I am so glad NaShoStoWriMo is over and done with. I really missed writing normal blog posts. It seems like it has been forever and a day since I got to write a regular one, or read an update from one of you girlies.
    I loved reading Grace and Mercy's posts from last week *coughcough NOT ROSE coughcough*. I love how you each have your own individual writing styles. I also feel like we as a group of humans are very diverse- we have an actress/artsy fairy princess (Mercy), a perfect angel (Grace), a crotchety old man (Rose), and an industrious nursing student (yours truly). I enjoy our differences in lifestyles, activities, talents, and taste in male celebrities. It makes for lively discussions on OTAS as well as when we all get together (which needs to happen again soon, by the way).
For Grace, because I love how weird and 100% real we can be with each other

Mercy. I have always loved your green eyes. Like, whoah.

A second one for Mercy, because I know you're sad<33

Rose. This is definitely you.
    Moving right along, I feel as though I should update all of you people on my ever-so-exciting life, since you haven't heard much about it for the past month. So here goes:
    I have one week left of my first semester of sophomore year and then finals. And my grades are in pretty good shape. Praise the Lord.
    I am officially certified in giving vaccines, taking vital signs, and administering medications.
    Friday is mine and Joe's two month anniversary. And I feel like I've actually been dating him for twelve years. This is weird, man (he's also a weird man).
    Over spring break I'm going on a Habitat for Humanity trip to Roanoke Valley, Virginia. This will be my first Habitat trip and the farthest from home I will have ever been. And I can't wait to help build a home for someone who deserves it :)
    I'm going back to SHU five days early to serve as a student leader for CURTIS Week in January, where we will spend our days serving the Bridgeport community and immersing ourselves in its religious and cultural diversity. I participated in this program last year and am so passionate about it and am absolutely ecstatic to have been chosen to lead alongside some of my best friends.
    I have done absolutely no shopping for Christmas, nor have I started studying for final exams.
    *Crosses self* Jaquan, help me now.
    Finally, I am obsessed with this song, and you all should be as well:
    That's all, folks. Mercy, I'll hear from you tomorrow!
--Laura :)

No comments:

Post a Comment