Friday, October 23, 2015

The One When Rosie didn't Post and I don't Let Her forget it.

Yes ladies and gentlemen, our dear Rose Backus has failed to post.... YET AGAIN. Am I bitter? Pshhh. Am I upset. Of course not. Am I missing her sarcastic rants like crazy? Not at all.

Just kidding. I'm very bitter, very upset, and missing her sarcastic rants more than anything. ROSIE. COME BACK PLEASE. I MISS YOU.

Mercy and Laura, I enjoyed both of your posts a lot. Mercy's had a lot of words and Laura's had a lot of gif's and that's a lot of backwardness but it was nice. And I'm happy that you two both have love and dedication for this internet home of ours. *glares at the awkward 4th member of the blog*
Hey guess what happens next week.
Halloween.
I'm excited. Halloween is exciting. I'm dressing up as Alice in Wonderland and Simeon is going to be The Mad Hatter. I'm a tiny bit jealous that I'm don't have plans of staying up and watching movies all night, or hanging out at home with the mother, passing out candy to the small witches and warlocks that come knocking on our door throughout the evening, but hopefully it'll be fun. What are you Backus people doing for the Halloween? My guess is Rose won't be blogging.
Oh Mercy, you have no idea. (Well actually you do. We're basically the same person) I'm so excited for this holiday season. It's crazy that it's already here and that we have barely over two months of 2015 left. I already have a Christmas present for Laura (I've actually had it sitting in my room for about a month) and I know exactly what I'm getting for Rose.  I'm so excited to make cookies more than necessary and start stringing up lights everywhere, and wearing sweaters and leggings and singing along to Michael Buble at the top of my lungs. I'm excited to sit in front of the fireplace and watch Charlie Brown movies about Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm excited to watch decorations go up all over the place, in people's front lawns and in the mall and at church and I'm excited for ice skating and sledding and finding new ways of drinking liquid chocolate. I could go on forever. But I'll stop. Just like Rose stopped blogging.

Okay. So since it's been October and, you know, Halloween and all, I've been trying to psych myself out a little bit. So Mercy and I saw Crimson Peak in theaters last Sunday. It was my first R rated movie at the theaters and as much as I loved it, I sorta didn't like it. I know that doesn't make sense, but it does to me. It was so good and beautiful and I loved it and yet it was so dumb and it wasn't that scary and I wouldn't advise you to spend money on seeing it on the big screen. Maybe one day we'll watch it on The Foursome couch (except probably not Rose) and eat bruschetta and laugh at the silly graphics but love Tom Hiddleston because, obviously, his character is just misunderstood and he's not as twisted and gross as the movie tries to portray him. Anyway, I've also been reading scary books. So right  now I'm about halfway through The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd and it's decent. It definitely scared me last night while I was babysitting and the boys were in bed and I was alone in a different, quite, dark, house. But today I picked it back up and I can see some definite flaws. Whatever. And I have a book at the library, Slasher Girls and Monster Boys, that's waiting for a pickup. It's a collection of short thriller and horror stories and I'm excited to jump into that and pee my pants. I'm not excited to pee my pants, but I'm excited. You know when people have had too much caffeine and they get all jittery and nervous and annoying, that's exactly what my brain is like while typing this up even though I don't think I've ever actually been in one of those moods from too much caffeine. Just too little sleep.

Anyway, I have to pee. And this was all one ramble-y one take post and I should follow Rose's example and just stop. So gnight girls. I miss your faces and I hope you're all doing splendidly. I know Mercy and Laura are because I actually hear from them once in awhile.
<3 Grace

Listen to this beautiful song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment