Tuesday, May 19, 2015

In The Interim

Good afternoon, ladies, it's Tuesday.
    I read and loved all of your posts from last week. Mercy, I have yet to see the new Avengers movie and am hoping to see it with Joe perhaps at some point this summer. And I agree, we should do the thing from that cool-seeming blogger, whom I shall greet warmly with John Green's face now:
John Green is our king.
    Rose- aren't you glad we're roommates again? Cheers to 3+ more years of sleepovers and dance parties and ghost stories EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.
Accurately describes my level of excitement. The above dinosaur has to do with a private joke between my friend Sabrina and I which I will explain to you when you're older.
    Grace, your life sounds busy and changing and beautiful. I am so proud of you and all you are accomplishing and I can't wait to celebrate the end of the four awkward and usually disappointing years known as high school with you this summer.
this man is almost always right.
    I like knowing that I have plenty of time to write this post. I am home from Sacred Heart for the summer, finishing up choir week on Sunday when we sang at graduation (and cheered loudly for all of our senior friends when they received their diplomas). I moved back into my childhood bedroom, where I will be living for the next three years instead of a dorm as a proud commuter nursing student. I kissed Joe goodbye on Saturday night, and he headed back to New Jersey the following morning. But he'll be back at SHU next week, staying in a dorm for the summer to do some psych research and write an exhaustive philosophy paper. We'll be less than three miles apart for these next three months, and the following semester, until he finishes up his undergraduate career in December. It's nice to have him in such close proximity when he has such a definite place in my heart. Nerd love is ten times as awesome as regular love, and I'm glad I've found it in the here and now.
    It's over. I passed everything and am officially a college sophomore. In the fall, I'll start Nursing 1 and get to wear my bright red scrubs and use the stethoscope Aunt Dixie bought for me for the very first time. I'll also be a Sacred Heart Student Ambassador, and have the privilege of leading prospective students on campus tours and welcoming them at admissions events. I hope to do more work with Habitat for Humanity and run in another 5K in October. Our 1500 incoming freshmen, this class of 2019, could contain some new friends, and I could not be more excited. I'll sing in choir and go to the theater meetings and hopefully have my own car. Time is passing, and I anticipate it with the knowledge of my own ability to handle it.
    But for right now, I have so much time on my hands. This summer is stretching out long and peaceful in front of me. On the first of June, I start microbiology classes at Housatonic, to get it out of the way for the fall semester so I can take two classes for my Global Studies minor. I'll be practicing driving and babysitting and saving up for a car and nursing textbooks. I anticipate taking a road trip with Libby down to the Jersey Shore to visit Rachel, and maybe taking the ferry out to Long Island to see a few other people. I also hope to have as many Foursome reunions as is humanly possible, because I miss our tiny community like crazy and I wanna stroke all of your lovely faces. I'll have many picnics and Starbucks dates with Miss Megan and possibly rob a bank with Becca and Liam. Joe and I will have our own little adventures, whether it's studying together or going hiking or watching the sunset on the golf course. And then there's Cape Cod, and early morning runs with Johnny before he leaves for California, and endless hours of afternoons spent in the backyard hammock reading old books.
    This is the time God has given me, and by His grace I shall try to make the most of it.
    It's a beautiful life, ladies, and like good cheese, it gets better with age.
    Mercy, I'll hear from you tomorrow.
--Laura :)
(p.s, here is an article on everyone's favorite subject, waiting until marriage, which spoke to me and I felt led to share).

No comments:

Post a Comment