Monday, March 23, 2015

All Too Well

Good late evening, ladies.
how I felt when I got up at the intergluteal cleft of dawn today.
    Can I just say that I am beyond thankful that you gurls got to visit Sacred Heart on Saturday? I know we couldn't have our picnic outside, and Becca was in rare form, and you had to leave before the end of my concert, but it was good to see your beautiful faces all the same.
basically me when y'all were at SHU
    Today was long and exhausting but it ended on a good note because I got to talk to Joe. I'm a cliche girl and he makes me so happy and is so careful with me and takes leaps and bounds to make sure I'm comfortable with him, because he knows I'm scared of the great unknown. He is a part of the unknown, whom God is revealing to me for some crazy, supernatural reason that can only have to do with His glory, just like everything else in this beat-up, broken-down, beautiful mess of a world.
   Ironically enough, I just spent the best of times with my awkwardly charming male suitor, and I'm listening to this song on repeat:
    I know this is a breakup song- it's haunting and nostalgic and deeply personal. But I love it, and it makes me think about all the good aspects of growing fond of another sack of human meat- the hysterical laughter and long conversations and that look in someone's eyes when they're deliriously happy.
    I know I'm getting sappy. I can literally hear Rose retching as she reads this post. But I'm not trying to brag about my love life or prove that Joe is safe and normal. What I want the world to know, is that it isn't a bad thing to completely adore someone. I grew up being taught one thing about dating, and I received all the wrong messages about it- from my own deviated understanding, not from the people who tried to influence me. I overthink everything.
    What I know now, is that letting someone hold you in their arms is lovely. Kisses are weird at first, and thankfully not life-changing. Holding hands with a boy does not make you impure. What corrupts chastity and purity is your thoughts and motives behind each and every action- are you trying to glorify God, or yourself, in your life and in your love? That question must be asked every day and applied to every aspect of your life.
    Everything Pastor Mike said about dating was basically right. I know that now. And for all the eye-rolling I did during his youth group lessons, he gave some good advice.
    Well, since it's late and I have a class in 8 hours, I should probably start my homework. Bye kids! Mercy, I'll hear from you tomorrow<3
--Laura :)

No comments:

Post a Comment