Monday, February 2, 2015

Another Snow Day.

Hey there.
It's snowing again here at the University of The Literal Heart of Jesus. My fellow students are happy about our fourth snow day in the past week:


    Meanwhile, my overachiever self is feeling slightly inconvenienced and miffed.


    So here I sit, alone in my little nerd corner.
    Actually, I'm at Becca's suite again, doing biochem homework and watching the snow fall outside the common room windows. I haven't gone completely insane yet, but if classes get cancelled again tomorrow I'm going home. I just want to watch Pride & Prejudice with my mom and drink homemade coffee. I'm a simple woman with simple needs.
    Becca's judging me so hardcore right now.
    It's not my fault that her favorite drink is Monster and she watches Shrek is Love, Shrek is Life on repeat when she isn't sleeping at 3 in the morning.
    Do you ever look at someone you're really close to and think, "how in the Sam heck did we become best friends when we're literally night and day?" That's how I feel about Becca. We're such opposing personalities and yet we get each other. I think God puts people together in friendships so He can have a good laugh at their interactions. Becca and I definitely deserve our own sitcom.
    But I digress. Ladies, I greatly enjoyed all of your posts from last week. Many thanks for your congratulations on my acquisition of a male suitor. I'm as surprised as you all were, to be honest. He isn't what I expected but that is perfectly okay. My Freshman Seminar professor once said, "the best way to get a laugh out of God is to tell Him about your plans." 
    Joe is constantly reminding me that he isn't the Mr. Darcy I had planned, but the fact that he is his honest self makes me realize that God has a better plan than me. And whatever He has in store for this relationship is going to be better for me in the long run than anything I've imagined so far.
    Anyway. The snow is picking up and it looks like Narnia outside. I'd hate to be out in the storm, but I definitely love watching the snowflakes swirl outside Becca's Christmas light-lined windows, safe and warm in my sweatshirt and hoodie, listening to Becca and her hilarious suitemates laugh and sing and procrastinate the day away.
    ALSO. LOOK AT THIS HILARIOUS THING MY FRIEND KATIE POSTED ON FACEBOOK:
ain't that the truth.
   Katie is awesome. Seriously. Go follow her on Tumblr. She is a saintly human being.
 OMG. BECCA'S SINGING ALONG TO SHAKE IT OFF AND IT SOUNDS LIKE SHE JUST SANG "I'M JUST GONNA SHANK SHANK SHANK SHANK SHAAANK."
    Lord save me.
    Well, I have procrastinated enough. Time to get back to work! Mercy, I shall hear from you tomorrow.
--Laura :)

No comments:

Post a Comment