Thursday, January 29, 2015

Some winter appreciation


And so we all survived "Blizzard 2015". I'm not going to start cursing at the weathermen for predicting worse than the actual storm was, but it was a relief (but also disappointing) that the storm wasn't that bad in our little corner of New England. Because, lets be honest, I wouldn't be mad if a week of power outage meant Mercy and I had to go stay down in Bridgeport. But that didn't happen. I guess I should be more grateful.

Laura, I keep feeling weird about you and your male suitor. It's hard to explain. Maybe I just feel confused  because I never really thought any of us would find ourselves a boyfriend. And now you have. And as confusing as it is, I'm so happy that you're happy. But just be warned. If he even dares to make you unhappy.... he's gonna pay.

Uhm alright so as much as I can't wait until summer when I'll finally stop shivering, I think I need to just stop and appreciate winter a lil bit because it actually has some perks. From the quiet nights sitting squished in the living room while the fire burns and the tv plays, or the snowy afternoons when we bake cookies and dance to Taylor Swift and watch Millie hop through the snow. Or on mornings when the snow reflects the sun very brightly into my room.... That might not sound nice but sometimes it gets me wanting to get up, and ready to face the day. Also, just the way the world looks when it's snowy is quite nice. I love the green in summer, don't get wrong, but everything just looks kind of cool in winter. The way the trees skinny bare branches kind of shiver, or how sidewalks and driveways feel like they're guarded by brilliant white castle walls. And boots are nice as are Christmas cookies which I will bake continually through winter because, why not?

But I think that's all I have to say today. I hope everyone has good weekends and I hope you enjoy yourselves thoroughly. 
<3 G

No comments:

Post a Comment