Monday, January 26, 2015

Well, the weather outside is frightful.

Hyello pretty ladies.
yep.
Can I just say that I love and miss all of your beautiful faces? I enjoyed every opportunity I got yesterday and today to see you gurls- Rosie, when I went home yesterday, and G&M when we FaceTimed just a few hours ago. Good times.
    Also, Gracie, CONGRATS ON PASSING YOUR DRIVER'S TEST! I am so happy for you and hope this means you'll be driving up to see me soon.
    It was my birthday on Tuesday and I feel like it got overcelebrated and I got a ton of cards and three cakes and a few awkward choruses of "happy birthday" belted at me. I'm nineteen, which is quite possibly the weirdest age. It's between the hype of eighteen and almost to the dinosauric milestone that is twenty. But so far this year has been pretty stinkin great.
    As you are all now finally aware, I am in possession of a gentleman suitor; a tall, awkward fellow who would probably be referred to, in today's terminology, as my "boyfriend." But I feel like that word is so odd and sophomoric, so I'll just say that I'm "dating" Joe. But I won't be THAT gurl and go on about how cute and funny and smart I think he is. I'll just say that he respects me and is willing to trek through the snow tomorrow just to see me. Which might seem like some grand gesture of affection, but I know his ulterior motive is his own boredom/desire to go sledding on the golf course.
   Speaking of snow, we are in the midst of Snowmageddon here in the Connecticut region. Classes got cancelled after noon today here at SHU and aren't set to resume until Thursday. Which means I get a grand total of two and a half days off. Know what else that means?
    I'M GETTIN MY FIRST EVER SNOW DAYS.
    The sad life of a former homeschooler.
    Snow days are way more boring than I thought. The Roommate left to go stay with her sorority sisters to wait out the storm, so I packed a survival bag and shall be living on the couch in Becca Monster's suite for the next couple of days because I can't handle being alone. My friends and I went to Target to stock up on Gatorade and sleds. I purchased trail mix and two bags of soup. The snow is falling outside the dorm windows, swirling and piling up around the Baptist church nextdoor.
    You know what college students do when they get snowed in? They make Ramen and schlep around in pajama bottoms and worry that the WiFi will crap out. I'm literally going stir crazy. We've been watching stupid YouTube videos and calling our parents and playing Cards Against Humanity. Minimal homework has been attempted. A pregnancy scare has occurred over Becca's suitemate's gecko. Plenty of goofing off has occurred. As far as we're concerned, this is the weekend in the middle of the week and we are going to relax and enjoy ourselves.
    I hope everyone out in this blizzard is being safe and warm. Get home soon. Gurls, don't drive each other up walls, and don't do anything I wouldn't do (which is a lot). Mercy, I'll hear from you tomorrow. As long as the snow hasn't knocked out your power and forced you to live like pilgrims indefinitely.
     --Laura :)

No comments:

Post a Comment