Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Rose conforms and write's a Christmas favorite's list.

It's hump day!


Well gurls, I'm going to reply to your posts before I do anything else. Okay?

Grace: Your post was wonderful. It made me want to watch some Christmas movies, in a ugly Christmas sweater, while stringing cranberries and popcorn, and singing the 12 Days of Christmas.

Laura: Your post was beautiful. It made me happy I'm not in college, because I don't need that kind of negativity in my life.


Mercy: Your post was incredibly relatable. Life is confusing. But you know what isn't confusing? Peanut butter. Peanut butter is just delicious. I need some right now actually. Excuse me.

I'm back. So I have a philosophical question: is peanut butter a liquid or a solid? And for that matter, what about butter? Or pudding? Okay I'm googling it. It's both apparently...moving on.

I'm trying to watch Supernatural and write this and I'm getting so distracted.

Anyway I feel as though I should be like everyone else and write a list of things I love about Christmas.

  • Going to the Christmas tree farm in Hamden, nearly freezing to death on that incredibly windy hill and because Tom Backus will not, will not have a fake Christmas tree. It's sacrilegious.
  • Christmas movies, especially Muppets Christmas Carol. Gonzo and Rizzo are so much like Laura and I, it's scary.
  • The food, but mostly Yorkshire pudding. Oh my God, I'm nearly crying just thinking about it.
  • Buying gifts.
  • The candlelit service at church on Christmas eve. I mean, singing Joy to the World, while holding a candle and imagining accidentally lighting the entire church on fire? What could be more festive than that?
  • Christmas music. 
  • Laura coming home, even if it means my room is a disaster.
  • Christmas break.
  • The epic Christmas reading list I have been working my way through.
And last but definitely not least,

  • Celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Because that's what this is all about. A little boy, born in a manger, on a quiet night in Bethlehem. A boy that one day became the man that died, so that we could live. AND GURLS, I HAVE A SONG FOR THIS!



Alright, I should bounce.

Can I just note that I posted this like minutes after midnight, because I had nothing else better to do? Do I get the over-achiever of the month award?

Alright Grace, I look forward to your Thorsday post! Until then. Gurl please. -Rose


No comments:

Post a Comment