Thursday, December 18, 2014

I just like to talk about Christmas


Hello! It's Thursday and I'm off work until next week and cookies have been baking. The Piano Guys version of Angel's We Have Heard on High is playing loudly, the prospects of shopping and Christmas parties fill this weekend and I have no reason to be anything but happy and content.
I enjoyed all of your posts from this past week. I definitely missed the regular posts in November so it's been super nice to read all your girls posts. 
Laura, it seems like your first semester was successful and despite some of the bad things that happened, it was a satisfactory couple months. 
Mercy, I've never had that feeling with a celebrity. Sorry. But I did enjoy your post. Most of the time I have that feeling of just needing to get my thoughts out of my head because they've been circling for so long that it's starting to hurt. I don't know if that's quite what you were thinking but whatever.
Rose, I'm so very glad you did conform and wrote a Christmas post because it was quite lovely and gave me that Christmas-y feeling:)

Christmas always makes me nostalgic for past years and so over the past month, I've been thinking back over Christmas and though it gives me that slightly sad/depressed feeling I get every time I start remembering, it's also terrific to remember past years and what happened. Last years youth group party was different and fun and sort of weird and some of my friends and I actually started fighting afterwards because of something that happened and it totally ended up being fine but it makes me want this weekend's party to be fantastic. I ordered a little black dress online and it fits me so well and we're going to find Mercy's dress tomorrow. And I need to buy new razors to shave my woolly mammoth legs. And maybe that was too much information but I don't care. Because these are the things that excite me. 
And yesterday we went to the Blough's house to make gingerbread houses and eat pizza and it was the essence of Christmas traditions. Our house somehow ended up being invaded by zombie snowmen, with a river of blood encircling the house that was actually live and ate things. Not sure how that happened, but why would you expect anything less from my siblings?  


But seriously, how can someone not enjoy Christmas? The decorations are beautiful (except maybe the saucy snowman down the street. "Draw me like one of your French girls, Santa") and the excitement is intoxicating. Calls of "Merry Christmas" from strangers at work always bring a smile to my face and you can't help but dance to the music. 
If you haven't found out yet, I could talk about this holiday for days on end. It really is the most wonderful time of the year.  

But even though I am capable of talking forever, I need to go put another sweater on, make myself some hot chocolate and spend some time with two of my favorite college freshmen who are home on break. 

We should Facetime this weekend please. 
<3 G



No comments:

Post a Comment