Thursday, November 20, 2014

Some old friends come to visit

Byron leapt at Samuel to knock him over but Pepper got there first. Miranda gasped in surprise. She'd never been close to death before, especially not by a fearsome sword swishing pirate. "How dare you?!" She screamed at Samuel. "I put enough faith and trust in you to let you go where you please and this is how you repay me?" Samuel didn't say anything. Pepper had him on his knees with his hands behind his back. 
"Are you alright?" Byron asked. 
"No I'm not! Come with me to my cabin." She said quietly. She led the way to a small cabin on the upper deck. The cabin that would be reserved for the captain wife but since Miranda was the only female on board, it was rightfully hers. Away from any other cabins, beds, or lurking men. 
Miranda sunk down onto her bed. "Byron." She stared at him in disbelief. Things were strange on this ship but she didn't think they could get quite /that/ strange. 
"Miranda." He replied going towards her. 
"What are you doing here? Why did you leave? And without even telling me." 
"I- I had to get away. But I didn't want you to worry. Or make me stay. Or put you in danger with you coming with me. I thought maybe not being with anyone would be better than with a man I hate while the man I love is half a mile up the road." She choked back a sob. 
"Miranda. I thought you'd been married. I thought you'd left me for someone richer and better."
"Oh shut up you idiot." Miranda said fiercely. "How could I have ever left you for a different man?" She stood up from the bed and walked towards him. 

AND THEN IT GOT SICKLY SWEET AND CUTE SO MUCH THAT GRACE DIDNT WANT TO WRITE ABOUT IT. BUT JUST BECAUSE THEYRE IN HER ROOM DOESNT MEAN IT GOT OUT OF CONTROL. THIS STORY IS RATED PG. GET YOUR MINDS OUT OF THE GUTTER. 

Miranda and Byron eventually left her cabin, slightly breathless, clothes a bit rumpled, but happy and holding hands. 
"I have to go sort things with Samuel." She said to Byron. 
"Let me come with you. Incase he almost chops your lovely little head off again." Miranda smiled at Byron. He truly was perfect. Miranda took the stairs down to the lower deck to find Samuel back in chains. She gave him one look and then led Byron back up the stairs. They went to the bow of the ship, looking out over the open ocean in front of them. 
"How could he do that?" She muttered. 
"M, he's a pirate. A bloodthirsty criminal with the blood of probably hundreds of innocent people on his hands." Byron put his hands around her waist and placed his chin on her head. "Don't worry about it. Unless you're going to worry about what you're planning to do with him when we reach land." Miranda shook her head in agreement. 
"You're right. I'm not gonna worry about him anymore. He doesn't deserve my worry." Just then they noticed something flying towards them, it was a contraption they'd never beheld before. It looked like a carriage though made of some sort of metal. There were screams coming from inside where they could see multiple people squished together in the small contraption. "Novice!" They heard being screamed from the vehicle. "That's a ship! Wake up. Help!" The.... thing... crashed over Miranda and Byron and onto the ship deck, sending pirates scrambling for cover. The thing sat quietly smoking for a second before a small brunette woman climbed out. 
"Hm. Not my best landing, but better than some of the other times I did it while asleep." 

(So since next Thursday is the infamous Turkey Day, I'm gonna push my post back until Friday if that's okay with y'all. It better be okay cause I'm gonna do it anyway <3 G) 

No comments:

Post a Comment