Monday, November 24, 2014

Last Year's Round Story Makes a Comeback

(Gurls, in approximately 19 hours I will be home, safe and sound and hopefully eating whatever delicious meal my mother cooks for dinner tomorrow. I am so excited and ready to go home and get some rest and spend quality time with the family and friends. I only wish the Foursome could get together this week, then my life would truly be complete...
    ...But alas, I must be content with writing letters to my three favorite girlies on this here blog of ours.
    At least I get to see Rosie. Tomorrow night we're watching Supernatural the Musical. My weak fangirl heart longs to see it, to witness the Single Man Tear...
    ...but anyway. Back to business)

    The tiny brunette woman smoothed her skirts and surveyed the deck of the Snarfing Charley, her eyes darting to and fro over the shocked faces of everyone crowded around her and her vehicle.
    "Well?" She said in a voice that emanated sass like a snarky razor, "What are all you scruffy vagabonds gawking at?"
    The scruffy vagabonds continued to gawk at the Sassy Novice.
    Sassy Novice sighed sassily.
obligatory sassy Beyonce gif
     "Moving right along," she huffed, her tone akin to that of an exasperated elementary school teacher, "It appears that my car is out of gas. Do you happen to have any?"
    "What's...gas?" Byron said incredulously. His question was never answered, however, because at that moment an incredibly dashing, well-dressed man stepped out of the steaming vehicle -with an ethereal elegance, especially for someone getting out of a car accident- and said in a smooth, throaty voice that brought women -and even a few men- to their knees, "Gas would be the least of the problems with the Jittermobile, Jane dearest-"

    "DEAREST? CHRISTOPHER, I AM NOT YOUR DEAREST." The Sassy Novice turned to the shipmates. "We aren't seeing each other. As you can see, I'm a nun." She gestured to her habit with a slight, pure sense of pride.
    "Yet," Chris emphasized, looking at the Novice with a gaze as lovely and devoted as the sunset kissing a mountain peak, "We've talked about this, Jane, and you said-"
    "Now is neither the time nor the place for such a conversation, Chris," Jane barked, "But since we're on the subject, we shan't go any further unless the big man upstairs gives me the green light." She directed her gaze towards the clear blue heavens with sure reverence.
    "Ah, yes," Chris muttered (and even when he muttered his voice melted like fresh butter over hot toast) "The other Man."
    "Excuse me? But I would pick the other Man over you any day of the week-"
    "I thought we weren't having this conversation," Chris said abruptly, suddenly realizing that the entire crew of the boat were staring at him and Jane, hanging on their every word. "Now, how in the Sam heck did we get here?"
    Jane furrowed her brow. "it can't be..."
    "What can't be?" Chris asked.
   "Sister Eunice once told me that the Jittermobile could travel in time, but it would only do so when we were needed in a certain time or place," Jane replied, "So, just now, as we were driving along Cottage Drive, doing our weekend shopping, we were called here -wherever here is- in order to come to their aid."
    "But," Chris said in a tone sweeter and more golden than organic honey, "Where is here, and why were we needed?"
Tom (Chris) says "to be continued"
Mercy, I'm sorry, but this is all I have at 11:47 PM. We shall hear from you tomorrow!
--Laura :)

No comments:

Post a Comment