Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Hopefully I didn't change anyone's plans too drastically...if I did then sorry...

Sam opened his mouth to reply and said...

"Why thank you kind lad." Flashing Jesse a winning smile.


"Of course sir. Anything for you, sir." Said Jesse, returning Sam's smile. At this, Sam was struck with a curious idea.
"Well sir, if that's all you'll be needing me for then I'll be leaving, sir." Said Jesse.
"Jesse, I need one more thing."
"Yes sir. Anything, sir." 
"Well, Jesse my boy, are you familiar the young lass Miranda? Do you know who she is?"
Jesse knew quite well who Miranda was, because *PLOT TWIST* Jesse wasn't actually Jesse, he was Byron the blacksmith. When Miranda had told Byron of her intention to marry, Byron had been heart broken. It was in the midst of his misery he hatched a plan. He would go to the shipyard, the day before Miranda's wedding and beg the first captain, of the first ship he found to allow him to be a kitchen boy. And, as fate would have it, that ship just so happened to be The Snarfing Charley. And that's how Byron McCarthy, beautiful, timeless, blacksmith, became, lowly, stupid, kitchen boy Jesse Took. When Byron first heard the story of the runaway bride who had beaten the fiercest pirate on the 7 seas in sword fighting, he knew it had to be Miranda. He was filled with joy for the first time in weeks. He was about to go and find Miranda, when his extremely over-active imagination stopped him. "Why didn't Miranda tell me she was leaving?" He thought to himself. "Perhaps it was not only that terrible marriage Miranda was trying to escape, perhaps she was trying to escape me as well!" So Byron thought himself into a frenzy, until he was utterly convinced that Miranda couldn't stand him. So Byron, who was miserable yet again, spent the next week going out of his way to avoid her. All this to say, Jesse, or rather Byron, did know Miranda, however he was not about to tell Samuel that.
"Uh, no, sorry sir, I don't know the lady. I've heard the stories, but I've not actually uh met her, uh sir." Said Byron awkwardly. He was a terrible liar.
"Oh that's okay. Do you think you could get to know her?" Asked Samuel hopefully.
"Uh, I don't think that would be a very good idea..." 
"Oh sure it would. It was my idea, and my ideas are always good."
"Well, if you say so, sir, but I don't really think I can-"
"Yes you can, boy! You need to have more faith in yourself."
"I, really don't think-" Byron began to protest, but he was interrupted by someone who was coming down the stairs.
"Samuel, I've come with a bargain for you." Said Miranda. Byron quickly looked around the room, his gaze fell upon a big barrel of gun powder, he sprung upon it, took a large handful, and rubbed it on his face, just as Miranda entered the room. Upon seeing her, Byron froze. Miranda noticed him and said,
"Oh, I'm sorry, I don't believe we've met. I'm Miranda." Byron nodded. "And you are....?" Asked Miranda when Byron didn't reply. 
"I uh, I'm um, uh...uhm...." Stuttered Byron.
"This is Jesse Took." Said Samuel.
Byron nodded again. Miranda laughed and offered Byron her hand. Byron held up his, which was covered in gun powder. 
"You seem to have some soot on your hand."
"Actually, it's gun powder." Said Samuel.
"Oh, be careful not to go near a fire, then." Byron silently agreed.



"Anyway, Samuel, I have a proposition for you." Said Miranda...




Grace, I trust you will come up with something fantastic tomorrow! -Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment