Thursday, November 13, 2014

Soz it's short. actually... not really

"Anyway, Samuel, I have a proposition for you." Said Miranda...

"Join our crew." 
"... .... ...join... your crew?"
"Yes."
"You'd give up being a captain to let an enemy take over? Ha! You're handing yourself a death sentence. But if you insist, pass over the captains hat, give me the keys to the hull and I'm all yours." He gave a sly smile. 
"Do you think I'm stupid?" Miranda quizzically asked. 
"Hm?"
"Do you really think I'm a complete idiot?"
"Well, if you think that, I won't argue with you." 
"Why would I just hand over the captains hat? It's not even mine to give! No you stupid, I was wondering about your pancake making skills. *PLOT TWIST* (Samuel is excellent in the art of making pancakes) I've heard from your crew that your pancakes are impeccable. If you make us breakfast, we'll give you some freedom to hangout around the ship rather than just skulking in this corner. *PLOT TWIST* (maybe Miranda is stupid..?) 
"How can you ask me, the most feared sword fighter on the seven seas, to be demoted to a simple chef?" 
"I think you're forgetting that you are no longer the most feared sword fighter on the seven seas. Someone beat you." Byron said smiling proudly at his gurlfrand. Both Miranda and Samuel whipped around. They had both forgotten that he was standing there. Samuel gave Byron a snarl. "I just really want pancakes. Yours especially. I hate eating fish for every meal." Byron mumbled. 
"Well.... if you insist!" Samuel clapped his hands, stood up, and thrust his handcuffed wrists towards Miranda imploringly. 
"Have mercy." Byron sighed with a smile on his face. "This is the best day we've had on this blasted ship." He really had hated being there and wasn't sure why he ran away in the first place. 
"Okay. Now, I'm trusting you. Something every fiber in my being is telling me not to do. But I have to agree with Jesse here. I just really want pancakes." Miranda pulled some keys off her belt and unlocked Samuel. "I'm sure Jesse here will show you to the kitchen. I'm going to alert the rest of the crew to the changes being made. Oh and Mr. Manchester? You will be spending the nights right here handcuffed to the wall like always. So don't be getting any ideas into the head of yours." She turned, flipping her hair in the faces. 

eheheh
Both Samuel and Byron/Jesse watched her walk away. Byron let out a deep sigh. "Kitchen?" He suddenly said, turning to Samuel. 
"No." Samuel strode off after Miranda while Byron watched helplessly. He wasn't about to chase down a deadly pirate, and tell him he's doing the wrong thing. 

******

"ALRIGHT LADS LISTEN UP!" Miranda roared from the deck where she stood, hair flying around her face, making her appear very pirate like. "There's been a change here on board the Snarfing Charley. A change in menu." A loud cheer went up from crew at those words. "And a change in cook. Samuel Manchester, our feared captive, will be allowed to wander the ship during the day, in exchange for his pancake making skills." The crew looked at her dumbfounded. 
"She's possessed." Someone finally shouted. "Get back lads. There's a curse goin' over the ship." 
"THERE'S NO CURSE." Scurvy Steve Dreadbeared shouted from his perch behind the wheel. "Have you tasted that man's pancakes?" 
"Have you?" Miranda asked turning around. 
"Well.... that woul' be a diff'rent story for a diff'rent time." He awkwardly turned away. 
"ORDER!" Miranda shouted again to the crew who were becoming rather rowdy and angry. "We will treat Mr. Manchester with dignity and care, and I'm sure he will do the same to us. Thank you for your cooperation on this matter. BACK TO YOUR BUSINESS." Samuel stood in the shadows but emerged to gasps from the crew. Ignoring these he walked up to Miranda. 
"I want to thank you." He said quietly to her. 
"What for?" She took a step back. 
"For trusting me." He took a step towards her. "It makes me want to live up to the trust." He brushed her hair back from her face. Miranda slapped his hand away. 
"Yeah right." She turned swiftly and walked away. Samuel smiled after her. A smile that sent a chill up the spines of the nearby crew. 

Can't wait to read what comes next <3 G

No comments:

Post a Comment