Monday, October 20, 2014

Great and terrible things.

Hey girlies!
how I conquered today
    This is Laura- just Laura. Only I am posting today. Which is weird, considering THIS IS OUR 200TH POST ON OUR THOUGHTS ARE STARS!!!!!!!!!!!

   How in the Sam heck did we miss that one, guys? I logged onto Blogger, went to hit the 'New Post' option, scrolling down like "doodoodoo, however many page views, however many followers, 199 posts- 199 POSTS SWEET MOTHER OF OUR DEAR AND MERCIFUL LORD JESUS CHRIST (clearly I've been at a Catholic school for too long) WE FORGOT SHOULD WE CELEBRATE IDK HERE COME SOME RANDOM GIFS AND WHATNOT TO CELEBRATE THIS MILESTONE"
    You get the picture. I can't believe we've had this blog for almost thirteen months. We can backtrack even further than that- I can't believe we've been friends for our entire lives. I am the only one who has lived without you girls, but I cannot remember not knowing you. I remember seeing Rosie's flailing infant legs right after she was born, I remember when Mercy's white-blonde, q-tip head barely reached my shoulder, I remember Gracie in turtlenecks and jean jumpers. Time has passed indeed, and it's funny how you have all changed, yet stayed the exact same all at once. Rosie still kicks violently when she doesn't want to socialize. Mercy's hair is as flyaway and fabulous as ever. Gracie has for the most part stopped dressing like she's homeless, but every now and again she has one of those days.
    We're all moving up in the world. Our Foursome has been split into three corners of the earth- Rosie stays holed up in our warm, hospitable, mad home. Grace and Mercy remain in their little corner of the State. I do most of my living between my dorm and the main academic building here at Sacred Heart. Things are happening to us, ladies- great and terrible things, things that have made me cry and bite my pillow and bang my head into the wall on occasion. And yet, these things, although terrifying and maddening and awkward, must happen. Rosie has to eventually leave the house. Mercy has to keep calm and drama on (in reference to school). Gracie has to power through senioritis. I have to graduate nursing school. We all have things to do -great, terrible things- and that's okay. People hate change, but it is always necessary in order for us to move along on the journey God has planned for us- the journey of life, of true love and heartbreak and temptation and loneliness and music and laughter. It's a crazy whirlwind of unpredictability, but in the end I believe it will all be worth it.
    I'm glad we have this blog. I'm glad because in the face of all this change, we have each other and this letter-writing project to cling to with consistency when all else is uncertain. We may change, our writing styles may change, but OTAS will be here, and for that I am unspeakably grateful.
    Ladies, here's to a happy 200 and an even happier next 100. Mercy, I'll see you tomorrow.
--Laura :)
(ALSO- NaShoStoWriMo again this November? Let me know what you all think!)

No comments:

Post a Comment