Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The first picture has nothing to do with the rest of the post.

It's hump day!

Jarpad's hair isn't even moving. It's kinda creepy.
Like how much grease is in his hair? Ew.
Tomorrow's  JFK's birthday, so I'm reading, well I'm supposed to be reading, this book he wrote about courage in politics, unfortunately I haven't started it yet because I'm a procrastinator. Point being, this post is probably going to be short because I have reading to get done.

I'm going to reply to your posts now.

Grace: Your post was short and sweet like you. And, you're reading Much Ado About Nothing? That's my favorite Shakespeare play! When you finish it, you have to see the Kenneth Branagh version, because it's wonderful. And then you have to see the other version where Nathan Fillion play's Dogberry, because it's so great and just asdfghjkl;'

Laura: Your post was lovely, just like your face. It made me wish it was summer, because for me it's not summer until I have to go back to school and I wish that I hadn't wasted my summer playing poker, and actually, like read a book on my summer reading list.

Mercy: Your post was almost as glorious as your curly locks. But not quite as blonde. It made me miss your face. I can't wait until Sunday! I just can't.

Well, I have nothing to post about.

WAIT! No yeah, I've got nothing.

Uh....

Well, okay so, you know that part in TFIOS when Van Huten like talks about Shakespeare's 55th sonnet? It's in the first letter he writes to Augustus, I think. Anyway, I was rereading TFOIS, and when I got to that part I was like "I should read that sonnet because, Shakespeare." The only other sonnet I'd ever read was the 18th, you know, "Shall I compare thee to a summers day?" that one. And I really liked it, it's just Shakespeare wrote like a hundred-ish sonnets and I didn't want to read one and then hate it. So, I read the 55th sonnet, and now I'm obsessed.

Sonnet 55


Not marble, nor the gilded monuments 
Of princes, shall outlive this powerful rhyme;
But you shall shine more bright in these contents 
Than unswept stone, besmear'd with sluttish time. 
When wasteful war shall statues overturn, 
And broils root out the work of masonry, 
Nor Mars his sword nor war's quick fire shall burn
The living record of your memory. 
'Gainst death and all-oblivious enmity
Shall you pace forth; your praise shall still find room
Even in the eyes of all posterity 
That wear this world out to the ending doom.
So, till the judgment that yourself arise, 
You live in this, and dwell in lovers' eyes.


And I was thinking, the internet is forever. So these words we write to one another are therefore forever. I mean, the point of this sonnet is true love outlives oblivion, which in the context of TFIOS is really just nope nope nope.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is, I love the little infinity we have created on this blog, and the 55th sonnet made me think about that.

Okay,  enough of the sappy stuff, it's Woman Crush Wednesday time.

So today for WCW, it's Hermione Granger. I'm rereading the Sorcerers Stone, and I have grown a new appreciation for that  bushy haired little girl. I mean, I've always loved Hermoine, but truthfully, in the first two books she kinda annoyed me. But this time through the books, I've realized Ron and Harry are slightly ridiculous and it takes a certain kind of awesome to put up with that. Not to mention, in the movies she's played by Emma Watson, who's the most beautiful person to ever live.


Okay, I'm going to bounce now. Grace, I'm looking forward to your post tomorrow! And I'm looking forward to Sunday when we'll all be together! Gurl please. -Rosie.

No comments:

Post a Comment