Tuesday, May 27, 2014

I've got this song stuck up in my head

Good morning, gurls, it's Tuesday!

actually describes me on Tuesdays



I literally loved all your posts last week, so much!
Grace, yours was short but awesome and lovely.
Rosie- you deserve an award JUST for that acceptance speech. Like, seriously.
Laura- your post made me all nostalgic and it made me miss y'all so much and made me look forward to THP and your grad party and AH! The Foursome rules.

Also, I was looking through The Fearsome Foursome board and I found the pin that perfectly describes us.

pretty much.

So you know how I did the blogging thing last week? Well, I'm doing another thing like that, but it's like a challenge thing.
25 Songs In 25 Days. (cuz y'all know how much I love music)

So, basically, there's like a list of things like 'a song that makes you cry' or whatever and you post the song.
I know, it's kind of boring, but at least it will give me something to do, right? Plus, then you can widen your music-listening horizon. How fun.

So, number uno.
1- A Song From Your Childhood.

WELL. The first song that actually came to mind was THIS


Yep. This song will haunt my childhood forever. Thanks Laura.


But honestly, I'd say this song is what I think of when I think back to my childhood.

And yeah, it's a weird childhood memory song, but there actually is history behind it... Grace, Judah and I used to sing this on the swing-set in the backyard all summer, I've listened to it at barbecues and countless car rides, and it's just generally a family favorite.


So, I just like re-did my blog design and stuff and I've been posting on it recently and it feels so great.
I mean, I love posting on this blog to your gurls and stuff, but I forgot how much I love blogging on 'enjoy the little things.'

It's like... I dunno. When I redesign my blog, it's like you can become a whole different you. And not like I'm faking  a part of me, just like- you can show a sillier side to you, or a softer side, or more intelligent side, or whatever you chose.
Since I "reopened", I guess you could say, my blog... I've begun to show a more serious side to me. A more thoughtful side. The side of me that actually notices the little things in my life that I shouldn't always take for granted. And it's really nice, you know?


I've got Teenage Dirtbag stuck up in my head and it's really annoying. I'd totally post this really pretty version of it, but it's explicit, so yeah. Probably not the best idea. {just in case you did want to listen to it- it's Teenage Dirtbag by Frank Hamilton.}


Sorry this post is short and a little random and rambly, but yeah- I hope you enjoyed it anyway :)
Rosie, I can't wait to read your post tomorrrooowww!
xoxo,
Mercy

No comments:

Post a Comment