Thursday, May 29, 2014

And now I want a s'more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvcv_oP4rZw
(the video thing wasn't working. you're going to have to click the link. sowwy)

Can we just watch this video and applaud her? I found this video yesterday and writing this now, I'm listening to it for the 4th time. Every time I listen to it, I hear something new and I'm affected by it in a new way. It really makes me think about my friends who are in school. The ones who are struggling in various ways and I think about my sisters who want to become teachers and I'm inspired to follow suit so that I can make a change in someway. Why are children and teenagers struggling so much in the place where they are meant to grow and thrive? Why are they scared to be themselves in the place where it's supposed to be encouraged?
Girls, if there's one way that I want to make the world suck less, it's in our education system. Adults are frustrated with our generation. They're mad at us teenagers for being stupid. For doing dumb, scared things. But did they ever stop to think that maybe the place where we get learn the most, is the messed up place that they're running? Maybe, just maybe, a decent education system could make a change. I like her point about how suddenly when she took the PSAT, everything was about her scores on her paper at the end of the test. It's not about our passions or our experiences or our needs, it's about how well we can preform in the mold they made for all of us to fit into when there should be no such thing.
I showed the video to my sister Hannah yesterday and she loved it and I knew that it needed to go up here for all of you lovely and philishophical ladies to listen to. And I desperately want to hear each of your thoughts on the video and on our education system. And for the followers too, I want to hear what your thoughts on this are. So leave a comment if you want and let me know :)




don't you wish all high school's could be like this one in some little way?
Rose, I LOVE SHAKESPEARE. the end. No but seriously, I loved that sonnet you put up and it was quite beautiful and I liked it quite a lot. I have progressed no farther into Much Ado About Nothing because I had to read The Help (which was fantastic as usual) and Jane Eyre, which is much more captivating than daunting. I don't know why I thought I wouldn't be able to read it. 

Mercy, that song. *shudders* so many memories of Laura singing that song and me hating it. But Toby Keith forever. 

Laura, my little heart inside breaks into a million glowing pieces and starts sobbing when I read your post (I had to go back and re-read it right now). I can't even think of anything that compares to our friendship. Except maybe a peanut-butter s'more. Rose is the marshmallow. Seriously though, no explanation needed. Mercy is the chocolate because she is sweet and chocolaty and makes everyone a little spastic but feel really good. (....? that doesn't sound suspicious). Except maybe Rose is the chocolate and Mercy the marshmallow. Orrrrr, you know in a s'more how the chocolate and marshmallow kind of melt together and create a gooey blob of awesome-ness? Yep, that would be R&M  I'm the peanut butter because I'm a little more mellow and different than Rose and Mercy but I'm still pretty great. And you are the graham cracker because you're what everyone sees as "The Leader" but we all know that you're just as crazy and broken and messy as the rest of us. But you do kind of keep us in some sort of order ^.^

And finally, for my tbt 

I may have just laughed my head off at this video. Those sound affects were just to much for my head-phoned ears to handle. I have to go walk my very spastic dog now. WE GET TO SEE EACH OTHER ON SUNDAY AND I JUST CAN'T WAIT! WE SHOULD EAT PB S'MORES! because i super am craving one now. <3 Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment