Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Accepted.

Well, it is hump day once more.



I spent my entire afternoon (or rather most of it) watching baseball and it was fantastic. And the Yankees beat the Cubs so it was worth it. But, then again, when is watching baseball not worth it? When the Yankees lose but wait that doesn't happen because I don't want it to happen and I can't handle that. That's right, never. Annnnnnnyyyyyyywaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy, I'm going to reply to your posts now.

Grace: You haven't posted since.....since.....



Laura: On a scale of 1 to 7 your post was at least a 10. And this Monday gif:



Was a win. I applaud you like you just won an Oscar (ALERT ALERT WEE OO WEE OO! ROSE JUST FORESHADOWED THE REST OF HER POST! Kinda.....)

Mercy: Here's how I felt about your post:



Except it made me miss your face which was not cool Robert Frost. (Did anyone get that reference? Anyone?.....Anyone?......Bueller? Now that reference you got.) Also you remembered to tag your blog post for the first in forever. Good job. Gold star.

Laura asked in her post what Summer feels like to me. And so, to answer your question Siri (that's so ironic because Siri's supposed to do the question answering but whatever), Summer to me is one thing. You know when we go to the beach in Cape Cod, and take our Christmas card picture? That's what Summer feels like to me. Sand under my feet, waves crashing on the shore, millions of stars blanketing the sky as it get's dark, Mrs. Horn's voice, the obnoxious bugs: that's Summer to me.

Now, WAIT! I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT HOW NOW FOR ME IS DIFFERENT FOR YOU. LIKE I'M WRITING TO YOU IN MY FUTURE BUT YOUR PRESENT. WHICH KIND OF MAKES THESE WORDS TIME TRAVELERS. WHAAAAAAT! Okay, now I am going to talk about what I previously foreshadowed, kinda.

As all of you gurls know, I'm tone deaf and in no other way musical. And I can't act. And I flat out refuse to dance. Point being, I think it's fairly safe to say I'm the member of the Foursome who is least likely to win an award. The problem is, I've always wanted to give an acceptance speech. I hate public speaking, but I think thanking all of my loved ones weird things like that in front of half of the nation would be so fun. So, I decided to give my acceptance speech to all of you here on OTAS. So here goes something because it isn't nothing.

"Wow, I literally never thought I would ever win anything. I mean really though. This is so unexpected. I like totally didn't expect that. Wow. Well, first off, I'd like to thank my mom for being a really good cook and therefore providing the nutrition I need to sustain life while making it a rather pleasurable experience. I'd like to thank my Dad, well father thanks for having the best mustache in the wide world, because it not only inspired me to be a better person, but it also bolstered my creative ability. To all of my annoying older siblings, you always talked over me and never let me finish a freaking story and always really mean to me, so SUCK IT! *Laughs evily* Thanks. To Grace and Mercy Ege thanks for encouraging me to fear strange things, for this I am eternally paranoid. And eternally weird, which was helpful in the pursuit of this award. I'd like to thank Laurajay my sister neighbor for being the fanciest person I know, and YOU HAD BETTER GET THAT REFERENCE. Thank you the creators of Mean Girls for being the fetchest people ever. Thank you pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis for being the longest word in the English language. Thank you Footloose for being the best musical with a person who's last name is Bacon ever. Thank you blue jays. Thank you grapefr- oh, I think I'm going to cry. Calm down Rose. You can do this. YOU IS A STRONG INDEPENDENT GIRL WHO DON'T NEED NO MAN. Mmmhhhh. Thank you to all that people who worked on this project with me for having faces. Thank you America for butter scotch pudding. Thank you Mexico for having the best food ever. Screw you Russia for Evegeni Plushenko. Thanks Chang for being the best manspiritman in the whole Milky Way galaxy and beyond. I LOVE YOU MAN! I just....wew. Okay, I'm being told to hurry up. Thank you Jesus for saving my sorry butt from destruction. And I just want to say, ALL TACOS ARE CREATED EQUAL! THANK YOU AND GOODNIGHT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" 

Well, that was my speech. This is why I will never win an award: THE WORLD CAN NOT HANDLE THAT MUCH ROSE IN ONE SPEECH! No actually, no one could stand letting me finish a sentence. The world would explode

Here's some Billy Joel.



IT'S TIME FOR WOMAN CRUSH WEDNESDAY!

TODAY IT'S BEYONCE! BECAUSE SHE IS PERFECT. LET'S JUST TALK ABOUT THE TIME SHE DANCED LIKE A BOSS WHILE 6 MONTHS PREGNANT.  I would post that video but it's "not appropriate for this blog"/ that's so much work. So here's the best Beyonce gif ever.



She is perfect. Grace, I'm looking forward to your post tomorrow! Gurl please. -Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment