Monday, October 21, 2013

NaShoStoWriMo (no, that is not Japanese)


Hello!
Okay, Grace and Mercy, I know you don't watch Supernatural, but how can you not love this GIF? It gives me the warm fangirl fuzzies, weirdly, that three handsome guys (or rather, two handsome guys and one EXTREMELY handsome guy named Jared Padalecki, the one on the far right) can still be handsome while making those faces. There is hope for humanity, people.                                                                      

*calms the overload of feels* Moving on. I almost forgot I was supposed to post today. Actually, let me rephrase that: I almost forgot today was Monday. My schedule has been so crazy the past four weeks, with college visits and Columbus Day and et cetera, that I have not had a full week of school since mid-September. My brain was in Tuesday mode until about lunchtime today, and I am only now just getting back on track. Also, I just realized that it is almost November. What? Where has the time gone? In five weeks we celebrate Thanksgiving and start putting up Christmas decorations. But as of now, the fact that November is fast approaching has got me thinking of something else in particular: writing.                                         

Grace, I know you participate in NaNoWriMo. And I find that very impressive, because what sort of person is crazy enough to do that? Apparently our very own Asian Burrito. But me? I have tried and failed to write about twelve books in my lifetime, and why have I not been able to finish them? Call it writer's block. Or undiagnosed ADHD. Or perfectionism, or the fear that everyone else will think my work is rubbish. So, since over the past year I have somewhat overcome my concern as to what people think of me, I am going to embark on the adventure known as NaNoWriMo.                                                                               

 Well, not really. Instead of National Novel Writing Month, me and my short attention span are participating in National Short Story Writing Month. I coined NaShoStoWriMo myself, since I'm pretty sure I made the whole thing up. I say "pretty sure" because I have the world's most unoriginal brain- one time I was at Stop & Shop, and I said to my dad, "they should really keep the peanut butter and jelly and bread in the same aisle, because no one wants to run all over the supermarket just so they can make PB&J."                       The next aisle we walked down was the Sandwich Aisle, with peanut butter, jelly and bread all on the same shelf.                                                                                                                                                     

Thus proves my point. Or that I have no knowledge of the display setup at Stop & Shop. Either way, though I may be unoriginal, I like to write. And, with all we have been talking about creating lately, I have been hit with a fit of inspiration which can only be tamed when I organize my thoughts on paper. I have a lot of ideas for stories -most of them real life inspiration (hey, I might base a character or two off of you girls, just warning you in advance)- and I am so excited to get this started.                                                             

And I was thinking- remember how we talked about maybe doing a round story on the blog, where I start it on Monday and Mercy continues it on Tuesday and so on? Maybe we could all do that sometime in November. If you girls, or any of our fabulous followers, have any ideas for a short writing project for The Foursome, please please pleeeeease talk about it in your next post or write it in a comment! If you think this is a weird idea, then please let me know.                                                                                                     

 I am very excited to start writing and building characters and a plot, to stay up until the wee hours of a weekday morning working through the inevitably huge wall of writer's block. Maybe I'll post a story of mine on the blog, if I don't hate any of them (or myself, for that matter) when the month is through.                         Well, I must go. At least today I posted before eight PM. I made sure I did because BOOTH AND BRENNAN ARE GETTING MARRIED ON BONES TONIGHT ASDFGHJKL!! There go the feels. I shall close with the GIF Grace sent me on Pinterest- one that is both beautiful and descriptive of my feelings for you all:                                                                                                                                                      
                                                                   
--Laura :)

No comments:

Post a Comment