Thursday, September 26, 2013

On my future, and my geeky/nerdyness

Hello Laura, Rose, and Mercy and whoever else is reading this,

First off, I just want to say good luck to Mercy. She's got auditions at school today and I know you're going to kill it. So, break a leg sista. I'm really proud (and also slightly envious) that you've got your life plan figured out. Not many people can say that they knew what they wanted to do with the rest of their life at the age of 14. It's a pretty big accomplishment.

As I know Laura's heard many times before, I really don't know what I want to do. Cooking sounds amazing, but so many people have told me that I should just do cooking as a hobby and focus on my music and go to school for that and then get a teaching degree and teach in a studio or from home, and that also sounds amazing because I know the only kind of teaching I could do is music. And then there is the case of writing. Writing is something I'm really interested in but I don't know if I could actually make a career out of it. And the other day I was just, you know, researching the author of the short story I'm reading for school, and I stumbled upon this on Wikipedia.

Stephen Crane began writing at the age of four and had published several articles by the age of 16

Well, I want to be a famous writer someday. And I'm 16. I see a flaw here. I have 0 articles published. Not even one, never mind SEVERAL! Maybe I should just do writing as a hobby and focus on music and cooking for my lifelong careers. Maybe I should just plan on having multiple and save myself from having to make up my mind. And life is just so confusing. And I just don't know. I'll let you know when I do.


On the topic of nerds and geeks, I guess I'll give my input. The soundtrack to 'The Lion, the Witch, and The Wardrobe' is literally the best piece of music I've ever heard. 'How to Train Your Dragon' being second


And just because John Green is cool and he is both nerdy and geeky





Because what's cooler than superheros and the periodic table together in one picture?





















Alright, that's all I have for today. It hasn't been a very good day, if you can't tell by this post. I'm just not very together on life right now. But Laura, we'll see you on Monday and like it says on my friend Katie's arm at the end of Mercy's post. DFTBA <3 Grace


No comments:

Post a Comment