Monday, September 30, 2013

We're All Big Buckets Of Stress


Aloha and hello!
    I seem to be really good at blogging as late as possible on my assigned day. Do any of you ever wake up in the morning and think "Psh, I have all the time in the world to accomplish whatever today throws at me!" only to end up panicking around 4 PM because you have two things checked off your to do list and eight hours left to do the other three thousand? Maybe it's just me. Senioritis has hit me hard.
     So, Grace. We need to have a very long chat about how you are one of the most multi-talented people I have ever met. You're that friend we are all secretly jealous of- you know, the one who bakes twelve dozen fancy cookies and plays concertos on the piano for two hours and writes half a novel, yet still feels like she has accomplished nothing all day. And, to be honest, it pisses me off that you don't see the obvious truth that you're going places in life. So don't fret. The fact that Stephen Crane was published at your age is great for him, but you are not Stephen Crane, last I checked. There's that quote all over Pinterest, which says "don't compare your beginning to someone else's middle." There are very few 16-year-olds who know what they want to do with their lives, and you know what? That's awesome. Who really wants a boring life plan when you've barely exited puberty? Not me. I just happen to have a good idea of what I want to do, because I'm one of those obnoxious, overachiever types. Don't be like me, kids.
    I don't know why, Gracie, but when I read your previous post I felt very tempted to hop a bus to Hartford, walk to your house, give you a big bear hug and feed you comfort foods and watch one of our favorite movies (Pride & Prejudice, New Year's Eve, or Mama Mia, perhaps?) and tell you everything is perfect, and so are you.
    But since I can't, I shall instead insert a video from our dear friend, John Green (can he be a dear friend if he is unaware of our very existence? Are we the Jaquans to his Rose, if you know what I mean?): here's the link because the stupid video player isn't working

    Also, here's a video by Hank Green that pretty much sums up me and my feelings at the moment
     Moving on. I would like to dedicate the rest of this post to happy and hilarious things, since we all seem to be stressed about school, auditions (MERCY HOW DID IT GO??) and life. I just need a good laugh right now, because I'm PMS, and I have a college interview tomorrow, and I am caught up in a slightly comical drama where I am refusing to fit into a  socially constructed box that someone not-awesome has been trying, for a very long time, to stuff me in. So here comes the funnies:
my feelings.

...umm what??

Blake Shelton and Adam Levine getting close :-)
 Graaace, I'm ruining your life!



cologne... Some people just need to learn how to spell.
stupid people who make us feel smarter.
Oh. My. God.
this is fun-scary. You know. Something that's really fun, but terrifying at the same time. Like 6 Flags.
Well, that's all I have for today. I am currently running on half a cup of coffee and hormones. Which means I should probably go to bed, for everyone's safety as well as my own. Night all...and Grace, I'll see you tomorrow (yes, Mercy, that means you still have to write your blog post, you public-school-attending traitor).
--Laura :)

No comments:

Post a Comment