Friday, December 11, 2015

*insert Adele pun*

Hello all you lovely people who might be reading this,

Since the theme of this week has more or less been, here's what's happening in my life, I thought I'd throw up a ton of useful information for you gurls too.

I obviously have not been doing any official schooling these past couple months which has been equal parts amazing and horrible. I say this because, not having any school is obviously an amazing thing. On the days I don't work, I can sleep as much as I want, go out shopping, play with the dogs, sit on the couch and watch six episodes of Parks and Rec, or sell my soul to NaNoWriMo for an entire month. So clearly, there's nothing bad about that situation. The horrible part is that, in reality, I can't just waste an entire year doing nothing. If I'm not seriously considering school, then when next September rolls around, everyone will be going back and I wont due to the lack of colleges I've applied for or the lack of classes I've signed up for. And it's freaking stressful because not only did I spend all of last year stressing out about school, now I'm spending this year stressing out as well.
Another crap thing is the way people will look at me  when I tell them my plans. Everyone at work is always asking me where I go to school and when I tell them I'm taking a year off, everyone thinks it's an open invitation to state their opinion as harshly as they feel necessary.
Okay hold up, there have been a lot of people who respect what I'm doing, and have encouraged me and told me how a gap year was the greatest decision they ever made, but about 60% of people just start on a rant about how I'm the equivalent of a high school dropout. Thanks bye I don't care what you think because you're a stupid turd pile. And have a nice day.
 
So yeah, gap years are fun and stupid at the same time. Sort of like high school.
But, I started a Psych course online this past week which is hard because it's a lot of information but it's been really good and I'm fired up to learn again (the same way I always did during the first week of school in September). I've been looking into the Psych program at MCC and I'm definitely going to be applying there because college is number one on my New Years resolution list for 2016.
 
Moving on, I am now Empress of the Deli at work which results in more hours and having minions to do my bidding.
 
Let's see, what else?
The Boy is still a part of my life and that's great. As much as I make fun of him, he is sort of the greatest because he takes my teasing like a champ and teases me equally as much. He pushes me to be a better person while simultaneously acting like the real five year old that he is and it's an amazing feat that I'm not sure just anyone could accomplish. He keeps me laughing and pursuing my dreams and he's always there to talk to.
 
Anything else to add? Oh yeah, I had a dream this morning that Laura was texting me all about how we are all so distant from each other and we don't know anything about each other anymore. Which I guess is partially true. I have felt distant from you guys lately.
Like Rose said: "and we were the Fearsome Foursome, and like, we still are. You guys are my best friends and you always will be but it's just different now, you know?"
It is different. Not purposefully different, life just happens. We're all busy and doing different things and we don't have the opportunity to spend as much time with each other as we have in the past. And as maybe sad as it seems, it's okay because life progresses and we can't change that. Things are never going to stay the same as they were during those two weeks where the Fearsome Foursome first came into reality. As much as we draw on the aisle runner, and as many imaginary friends as we might create, things aren't going to be the same. But I do miss us and I can't wait to hangout for my mom's birthday and make some new jokes and spend quality time together and eat cake. (I'm always excited for cake though so that's nothing new)
 
Okay, well, this is getting long. I probably could keep going though. I really didn't have a ton to do this morning so writing forever to you guys seemed like a good idea. But I should probably do some laundry and go Christmas shopping for some special people. But I hope you are all doing splendidly. <3 Grace
 

No comments:

Post a Comment