Thursday, November 12, 2015

Sir Ernest Michael McGunnigal XVII is Mr. Darling.

Becky rolled her eyes and flung her hands up, "Fine! But when my dad gives y'all an evil curse or something, don't blame it on me!" she said, turning on her heels and leading the mismatched group back down the road to her big, rambling house...

Sir Ernest Michael McGunnigal XVII sat in his study at his large oak desk. His eyes where open, but unseeing, for he was asleep. Sir Ernest Michael McGunnigal XVII always slept with his eyes open, because that's how all wizards sleep. That is, except for Becky. But, Becky was a wizard. Becky had to be a wizard as far as her father was concerned. Maybe she slept with her eyes closed, and couldn't make so much as a speck of dust disappear, and she burned even the simplest potion, but none of that mattered to Sir Ernest Michael McGunnigal XVII. No child of his would be a muggle. That was simply impossible. Not after what those muggles did to her mother. 
Sir Ernest shuddered in his sleep. Perhaps because he was thinking of just this. Or maybe because he was dreaming of a swamp full of turtles, one of which is giving birth right next to him, causing him to be unable to move because he was frozen in fear, but really the only thing I wanted to do was get up and run as far away as possible because it was so gross and I just feel itchy thinking about it it was so gross and weird and just what were we talking about?
Ah, yes.
Sir Ernest shuddered in his sleep. He was a hard man and a harder father, but in this moment, he looked utterly helpless.


All he really wanted was what was best for his daughter. He just didn't really know how to communicate that to her.
Just then there was an echoing knock on the large oak door. Sir Ernest awoke with a start. He rubbed his eyes and grabbed his wand, just in case.
"Enter." He said in his big booming voice.
Becky entered her father's study closing the door behind her.
"Uh, hey so dad." She said awkwardly.
"Uh, hey so Beckindwarf." Sir Ernest replied somewhat coldly.
"So I have an uh, a question for you."
"It could not wait until the morning?"
"No, not really."
"Alright. What is it?"
"It's a magic question."
"Really?" Said Sir Ernest, excitedly. This was it. Becky had finally gotten her powers.  All was right in the world!
"Can you, well, would it be possible to like, bring someone back from the dead?"
Sir Ernest demeanor went back to being cold and guarded. "Of course not. Death is final. Magic cannot touch it."
"But, like what if the person who you where trying to bring back, was like, a ghost or something?"
"Beckindwarf, I do not understand why this could not wait until the morning."
"It's just, because well, you see-" Becky was cut off by an icy voice behind her.
"Because of me." Said Taylor who had just floated through the wall.
"What are you doing here?" Sir Ernest shouted pulling out his wand.
"Dad, no it's fine. This is Taylor, she's a friendly ghost." Said Becky.
"There is no such thing as a friendly ghost. People are meant to die. That's the natural order of things. Only tortured souls remain on this earth."
 "But that doesn't mean all ghosts are evil. Maybe some are just hurt."
"That is true, but I can guarantee that this one is evil."
"Why?"
"Because I am." Taylor replied.
"What?" Said Danny's voice from the hallway.
"I was not expecting this." Said Jesse.
"Me either though!" Said Danny.
"Open!" Sir Ernest commanded the door.
Jesse and Danny fell into the room because they both had been leaning on the door.
"Ouch." Said Danny. "Hi, Sir McGunnigal, sir, how are you doing tonight?"


"What are these two idiots doing here?" Sir Ernest demanded.
"Hurtful." Said Jesse.
"These two idiots are my friends, dad and I don't appreciate you calling them that. I mean, it's true. They are idiots. But they're my idiots."
"Thanks...I think." Jesse said. 
"Aw, Beck, that was so sweet." Said Danny.


"Uh, so can we get back to the part where I'm evil?" Asked Taylor.
"Oh, yeah sure go ahead. We didn't mean to interrupt. That was kind of rude." Said Jesse.
"It was kind of rude. Back in my day, when I was alive, kids respected their elders. And nowadays, there's just no respect." Said Taylor.
"I know, my mom always says the same thing." Said Danny.
"It sounds your mother and I would be friends." Said Taylor.
"Oh my gosh, I see that. Well, aside from the whole you're an evil ghost lady, and my mom's an elf soccer mom named Carol."
"Right, right, aside from that."
"Anyway, sorry. You're evil?"
"Right." Said Taylor, turning on Sir Ernest. "I may be evil, but I'm not as evil as this man right here." As she spoke, the lights began to flicker and the whole house began to shake. "Sir Ernest Michael McGunnigal XVII, after what you did to me, I've come back to extract my revenge."


Grace, we'll hear from you tomorrow?

-Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment