Thursday, September 10, 2015

I'm a geek with an awful lot of vaguely ignorant opinions.

It's Thursday!

I started school this week. Life is a sad dark abyss full of Algebra and SAT prep. That's actually not true. I like school. I love school actually. Wait? What's that I hear? Oh, it's the sound of my middle school self literally killing herself so that she doesn't become geeky high school Rose.

Grace, your post was beautiful and lovely and it made me miss you horribly. Except for the part where you complimented JBieb's new haircut, because personally I believe that particular hairstyle is a crime against humanity. Remember that last time Bieber got a ridiculous haircut? And every teenage male on the North American continent was like "Oh, if Bieber's haircut brings all the girls to the yard, maybe it'll do the same for me." And then all of the male Millennials became giant tool sheds because of Justin Bieber. Point being, Justin Biebers new haircut is encouraging a new generation of human Home Depots.

Laura, your post was about school? Nursing? The inevitability of the human race viciously killing one another like the end of Millions of Cats? Something like that.


I live with you so do I really need to reply to your post?

Mercy, first of all, She's Kinda Hot a phenomenal song especially the parts where Ashton talks and just I can't get into how much I love that song right now because I have no words.
Also Twenty One Pilots are fantastic. I listened to almost nothing else but them all summer and I love them. Tyler Joseph just gets me. Here are a few of my favorites:





This year in school I'm taking biology. And my biology curriculum started off, of course, with the 4 criteria of life. So the criteria for life are:
  1. All living things have DNA
  2. All living things need to draw energy from their surroundings and convert it into energy that they use as energy to sustain themselves, or something like that.
  3. Life has to react and respond to change.
  4. Living things have to reproduce.
For all the not science people such as myself, here's what they actually mean:
  1. All living things have DNA. This one doesn't get any more simple because DNA is really complicated.
  2. All living things need to eat one way or another.
  3. If you poke a living thing with a stick it should probably move.
  4. All living things must be able to produce other things that may or may not be living? Are cells alive? Whatever.
Now as a english/history person, I quite frankly don't care about math or science. I care about people. And people aren't numbers. And the world around me can't create anything as interesting as humanity can. But while dragging myself through biology on the first day of school, I found a human approach to the principles that make life.
  1. All humans, whether they like it or not, have similar qualities to those who gave them life. 
  2. Food is really important. But as an Italian, I already knew this.
  3. Whether we like it or not, the world changes. And in order to live life to the fullest we need to accept that change as a part of life and make the most of it. 
  4. All people reproduce cells. I don't have to have children to be a human okay? It's science. I'm not ever, ever, ever going to procreate, alright?
I guess that's just what I've been thinking about lately.

Sorry if this post was all over the place, I wrote this at different times throughout the day and my brain has been sufficiently fried by school.

Grace, we'll hear from you tomorrow! 

Gurl please, Rose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment