Monday, January 19, 2015

I'm just in a really good mood.

Hi friends!
What a lovely Monday this has been. I went to breakfast with the birthday-sister, and we ate Panera and talked about nursing and she got me this really cool shirt for my birthday, which is tomorrow:

you get the picture.
Then, after being suuuuper productive with homework, my friend Sabrina was like "WE GOIN ON AN ADVENTURE. WE TAKIN THE SHUTTLE TO FAIRFIELD AND SEEING WHERE THE WIND TAKES US" so her, Becca Monster, Rachel and I ended up taking a 30-minute shuttle ride through the ghetto of Bridgeport, only to get dropped off on the Black Rock Turnpike. So we ate lunch at Boston Market and I walked into CVS because I thought it was a restaurant (#homeschoolprobs) then we wandered around a pet store and made faces at the fish and Becca emotionally scarred some poor young children and we found some organic frozen yogurt and had to run back to the shuttle stop so it wouldn't leave us stranded in the middle of nowhere. And then I studied with The Other Libby and laughed at some Reddit articles with Joe, who I could do anything with and probably not get bored :) then I ran and showered and The Roommate made me chocolate-covered marshmallows and strawberries for my birthday, and here I am.
    I greatly enjoyed all of your posts from last week, and it makes me a little sad, because I miss all of your lovely faces. Rose, you should definitely come with Mom tomorrow when she drops off my birthday cake- P.S, you must allow me to tell you how ardently I admired and loved your birthday card. It made me laugh out loud at 8:30 in the morning, which is a rare occurrence. 
    Aside from missing you ladies, I'm in an extremely good mood. This semester has started off in the loveliest of ways, and I feel more put together and adjusted and I've found people I fit with. I know who my friends are and where my priorities should be, and where God wants me, and it's like I can't stop singing His praises, because whatever He's doing in my life is amazing and unexpected and great. And I can't help feeling so lucky and blessed, which is such a contrast to how I was feeling before I came back to SHU. I was really nervous and depressed, but I came back in after a week of community service, talked things out with a certain charmless (but wonderful) gentleman, and dove right back into the swing of nursing school, and you know what? Nothing is perfect, but everything is lovely and okay, and I'm overjoyed to be where I am right now. 
    I'm not going to worry about tomorrow. I'm just going to enjoy where God has me today.
    Tomorrow, I turn 19. How crazy is that? I can't wait to celebrate it with my friends and family- I love birthdays and traditions and all that jazz. #19goingon90
    Mercy, I'll hear from you tomorrow.
    Love love love,
Laurabeth <33

No comments:

Post a Comment