Monday, December 1, 2014

Dang nab it, Gracie.

I was all ready to write a normal post this week, but in my foolishness I didn't check OTAS all week (#collegeprobs) and here I am, adding onto this wonderful story, an addition that will no doubt suck since I have a rehearsal in 50 minutes that I have to get to. But, here goes nothing:

     Samuel Manchester's wicked grin faltered as he saw the intensity with which Jane stared into the black abyss that had become his eyes.
"So, he breathed, "You know who I am?"
    Jane stared fearlessly back. "Yes. I believe I do. And I believe I was sent here at this very time to destroy you." Again she directed her sassy gaze heavenward. "The Lord works in mysterious ways, doesn't He?"
    Chris stared at this oddly intriguing woman, with her fireball wit that coexisted inside her tiny body with her resilient faith, and he fell furthermore in love with her- for not only did her soul sing the very same song as his, her faith inspired him to ask all the right questions about his existence and that of a Higher Being.
I know I just got all Christian-romance-novellish on you guys, but who wouldn't want Tommy Hiddles to look at them in this way?
    "Well then," Samuel Manchester snarled in a deep, dark voice that was not his own, "Let's settle this like adults."
    Jane nodded bravely, although her knees knocked and her lip trembled. "Let me arm myself." She turned, and Chris grabbed her by the arm. "Dearest, why are you doing this?" he asked, his voice rising and falling with emotion like the ocean they were currently stranded in. "Isn't there a better way?"
    Jane looked not into his eyes. Rather, she stared at the ceiling and said, "Sometimes a Higher Power calls us to do what we can't bring ourselves to do alone."
    "Jane, dearest, don't you think God calls you to make...other decisions...that would affect your ability to do other things?"
    "I don't know-"
    "You know exactly what I mean," Chris hissed earnestly, his eyes full of the dreams he had for him and this remarkable woman.
    Jane turned away. "Sometimes-sometimes God calls us to make choices that are unbearable, because in the long run, His plan is worth it. Or sometimes, He calls us to wait on His timing."
    Chris took her hand. "Haven't you waited long enough?"
    Jane bit her lip. "I don't know," she whispered, "I just really don't know. What I do know," she continued, the sassy fire coming back into her dark eyes, "Is that if I don't kick this demon's a$$, we'll be stuck on this bloody vessel for much longer than anticipated."
    Jane crossed herself, saying a small prayer for the profanity that had just crossed her lips, and picked up a blade.
    The fight was quick and dynamic. Jane turned out to be a fantastic swordswoman, and her and Samuel Manchester were evenly matched. In the end-
TO BE CONTINUED.
Gurls, this is all I've got. Mercy, I trust you to make this story even more awesome on the morrow!
--Laura :)

No comments:

Post a Comment