Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 retrospective.

It's hump day!

So last night after you guys left I was reading Blood of Olympus (put that in The Game), and I read this part about Piper, Annabeth, and Hazels epic abilities. First I was really proud of Rick Riordan for writing 3 strong female characters. I wouldn't consider myself a feminist but every time a female does something awesome I get really excited. Maybe I was a woman's rights leader in a past life. Or maybe I really am a feminist and I just don't know it. There's a lot of things I don't know about myself. For example, John told me a couple weeks ago that I'm a man. I always thought I was a woman, but I guess I'm wrong. Anyway, while I was thinking about Rick Riordan's strong females, I glanced at the Supernatural poster that you gurls gave me, and ever since then I can't help thinking of Piper, Annabeth, and Hazel, as Sam, Dean, and Cas.

I'm going to reply to your posts now.

Grace: You haven't posted in 2 weeks. But your post from 2 weeks ago was great. Also, I just wanted to tell you that you're like Idaho.

Laura: Your post was pretty beautiful. Like your face.
THIS GIF NEVER ENDS.
Mercy: I agree with you that New Years is kind of a stupid holiday. But it is also kind of not a stupid holiday. WHICH IS A PERFECT SEGUE INTO WHAT I WAS GOING TO TALK ABOUT, SO YOU GET A STAR!


So tomorrow is next year, right? It doesn't seem like that long ago that I was writing the first post of the new year, and now I'm writing the last. It's kind of funny how that worked. Well, it's not really funny, it's math, but whatever. Well, in the first post I wrote this year, I wrote 3 lists, which I'm sure you remember, because it was such a memorable post. (I'm kidding. I didn't even remember that I did that.) So I thought it would be kinda cool if I took those three lists, and rewrote them, in retrospect. The stuff that isn't in parentheses is the old list, and the stuff in parentheses is the new list.

Terrible things that can happen (but actually didn't).


  1. The apocalypses. (That didn't happen).
  2.  The plague. (Unless you count Ebola plague, it also didn't happen.)
  3. Mercy could stop being a fangirl. (No).
  4. Laura could start being stupid. (Well...)
  5. Grace could become goth. (No).
  6. More of my favorite bands could go on hiatus's. (No).
  7. Canada. (No).
  8. Turtle out break. (Thank God, no).
  9. My life could become Little House on the Prairie. (No).
Terrible things that will happen (and did)
  1. Laura will graduate and leave me to die. (Well, I'm not dead, but Laura did leave).
  2. School will start again. (Unfortunately, school did start again. But, honestly, I like school so much more that I used to).
  3. Turtles will continue to live. (Ew, yes).
  4. Highschool students will still be stupid. (Yes. But I'd like to think I'm more tolerant of highschoolers than I used to be).
  5. Jensen Ackles won't be married to me. (Yes).
  6. I'll have to suffer through an entire season of Martha on Doctor Who. (Honestly, Martha wasn't that bad. She's certainly not as bad as Clara).

Fantastic things to look forward to this year (and did...kind of)


  1. I'll get my own room....kinda. (Very kinda).
  2. Mary-Kate will be home all the time! (Some of the time...)
  3. Grace will get her apparition licence and come see me!!! (She got her permit...)
  4. I HAVE A SUPERNATURAL CALENDER AND THEREFORE GET TO STARE AT SAM AND DEANS FACES FOR 13 MONTHS! (12 months actually...there are only 12 months in a year...that was a failure little Rose).
  5. I only have 3 and a half years left of highschool! (Now I only have 2 and a half years left!)
  6. The first annual foursomeaversary is coming up! (HOLY CRAP! THAT WAS WHEN SHANKO WAS BORN!)
  7. We will write another round story. (We did. And it was beautiful).
I agree with Mercy (big surprise there) that New Years is kind of a stupid holiday. But, it's also a great time to look back at the behind you and realize what God has done for you. And to look at the year ahead of you and hope for the things He will do. Now parties, the ball dropping, resolutions and stupid jokes are stupid, but the actual reason we celebrate New Years are not. It all depends on your perspective. I'm excited for next year. Laura's going to get her licence. Grace is going to graduate high school. Mercy and I are turning 16. So gurls, lets raise our glasses (of nonachohlic beverages, because we're good Christian girls), to what God has in store for us in 2015, praising Him for what He did for us in 2014.

Well, I should probably go eat dinner. I think I'll schedule this post to post at 11:59 though, because Grace and I talked about doing that. Alright gurls, I hope 2015 will treat you well.

Gurl please. -Rosie.

No comments:

Post a Comment