Monday, November 10, 2014

Samuel Manchester is a hot villain.

(I make no promises about this post because it's been a long Monday and my anatomy grade is slipping and John Green Kid is delightfully getting on my nerves and I'm exhausted. So here goes:)

    Miranda spent the next few days exploring the vast pirate ship, falling in love with the seemingly neverending vessel and all of its unexpected nooks and crannies. Even some of the pirate prisoners were lovely people- Alastor Pinochle, an ancient pegleg with a knack for cooking (which they allowed him out of his cell for); Jimsie Michaelson the Fourth, a large, roly-poly, Jaquan-esque *crosses self* fellow; Debonair Firkins, a handsome, saucy Spainard with a devilish smoulder and a charm that even bewitched the level-headed Miranda on occasion.
    Miranda found herself becoming the leading lady of the ship. Even the biggest and burliest passengers seemed to heed her every wish and whim, following her port to starboard like ducklings after their mummy. 
    "Is it because I'm the only female for miles?" Miranda asked Pepper anxiously one night, as they sat in hammocks suspended from the masts of the ship under the endless expanse of skyline.
    "Maybe." Pepper replied, blowing a smoke ring out of his pipe. "You're also a born leader. I don't know what it is, but your commands are like siren's calls and the sailors fall for you every time." He shifted his gaze to Miranda and back to the skyline. "You're also a right pretty lady." He muttered, "And I'm not just saying that because you're the first female I've come in contact with in eight months."
   Both Miranda and Pepper blushed. Miranda thought back on how Byron used to compliment her, saying her hair glowed like the sun and her mouth was a perfect rosebud. And it made her miss his warm embrace and their late-night adventures across the city. She began to wonder if she was cut out for life on the high seas, after all.
My idea of Pepper
and my idea of Byron.
    Meanwhile, in the brig, Samuel Manchester broodingly plotted his revenge...
how he manages to be sexy while brooding never ceases to amaze me. #DailyDoseOfJarPad
(Gurls, I would love to continue this, but I have to go meet up with the Becca Monster. We both had messy Mondays. Mercy, I cannot wait to hear from you tomorrow!)
--Laura :)

No comments:

Post a Comment