Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I wanted to form a proper opinion I swear I still don't like it.

'Tis true, hump day hath cometh once more.

This is the best gif ever.
How fairest you loveliest of ladies on this fine Wednesday morning? Well, I should hope. I'm going to reply to your posts now.

Grace: Your post was beautiful, and you got like really deep. I just went back and read it, and it made me feel like I was in the Circle of Trust all over again. ;)

Laura: I can't even begin to even about THP. I mean, I'm sure it will still be really fun and like it inhibit out ability to serve the God, but I can't believe I'm not with my wifey. It's an abomination. 


Mercy: EDWARD SHEERAN'S NEW ALBUM IS SO PERFECT. I JUST ORDERED IT LIKE YESTERDAY AND I JUST NOPE NOPE NOPE. Laura and I both really like Thinking Out Loud. I just....



Anyway, I'm reading Twilight. Well, Laura and I both are, I'm just reading it first. It's honestly not as bad as I thought it was going to be, it wouldn't be that bad if it weren't for the whole vampire thing. I don't like the way vampires and werewolves are portrayed in this book. It's a blessing and not a curse, and I just don't like that it's wrong. Not to mention it's not about anything. It's just a story. And that pisses me off. I mean, modern literature is crap anyway, but this is particularly crappy crap. And don't even get me started on Bella. I mean, she's a lot better in the books, but she's still so obsessed with Edward, it's really unhealthy. Like, if want an example of a toxic relationship, read Twilight.

I can see why it's so popular though. Like, pretend you're one of those girls for 5 seconds, who wears leggings as pants and cried in the Titanic (or at least didn't laugh), and you read this book about a girl, not unlike yourself, who meets this guy who is virtually perfect, and better than perfect looking, and he falls in love with this girl who is not unlike yourself. Wouldn't that make you think "hey, if it can happen to Bella, it can happen to me."  When you or I read Twilight, we see a stupid story that is probably just a passing trend. When one of the those girls reads Twilight she thinks there's hope for her yet. I think it's sad that girls these days think they need a hot perfect boyfriend like Edward Cullen in order to be complete. And I'm not saying that every teenage girl is like that, but clearly there are enough teenage girls who are because Twilight is pretty popular.

Anyway, I should probably eat lunch. Graceland, I can't wait for your perfect Grace post tomorrow. Gurl please -Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment