Monday, April 28, 2014

The Potato Palace (I asked Rose what to call this post and of course this is what she came up with)

Hay gurls.
this was me when I woke up this morning but I'm better now :)
    I hope you all had a fantastic weekend, and are enjoying the slow awakening of this glorious weather. I forgot how beautiful the blue, cloud-scudded sky looks between the sparsely budding tree branches above my head. I know we'll all end up probably hating the warm temperatures in a few weeks but for right now let's enjoy them and run around outside and get flip-flop tans on our feet :)
    I loved all of your posts from last week! Mercy, despite those creepy GIFs in the beginning of your post I really enjoyed it. I think I already told you this, but your happy theatre rant made me want to be an actress. Except I can't cry on command so maybe scratch that.
    Rose- you are one. Lucky. Duck. You were almost punished first -and I know I was honestly betting that the first one of us to forget would be Mercy, then me, then Grace, and finally you- but your Thorsday post was awesome and soap-boxy so it made up for your grievous sin.
    Graaaace! Your post made me happy. Actually, all of your posts made me happy, because they were about what makes you gurls happy, and I get this extremely golden happy feeling inside whenever I hear people talk about their passions. It's so interesting when you find out what it is that someone loves, whether it's a hobby or a song or a person. Who we are is said more by what we do than what we say.
    So, I think I have gotten over the hump of depression which dogged me for the past few weeks of my senior year. I only have a month and a half left of high school, and seeing that light at the end of the tunnel is enough to put a smile on my face and motivate me to live every day, not just survive. Mom sent in my enrollment deposit to SHU today- know what that means? I CAN SIGN UP FOR ORIENTATION AND APPLY FOR MY DORM AND SET UP AN AUDITION FOR MY PERFORMING ARTS GRANT AND AGH I HAVE SO MUCH TO DO BUT IM SO EXCITED.
    But enough about college. I've been overtalking about the C-word waayy too much lately and I want to vomit. I kind of just want to be a kid again. I realized this on my run this morning. I was jogging down Tesiny Street, listening to Rend Collective (they have so many songs with lyrics about running so of course I listen to them when I run) and this song came on, and its truths sang to me through my headphones as I huffed and puffed on the uneven sidewalk:
Give me a childlike heart
Lead me to where You are
Cause I'm coming back
To my first love
Only You
    I want to be little Princess Laurelai again. I want to go back to the days of French braids and homemade dresses with white collars and buttons down the front. I realize I'm not a Time Lord, so I can't physically relive my childhood. But I can regain a childish attitude.
    I'm not saying we should act like kids in the sense of fart jokes and temper tantrums. A childlike attitude is one of moon-eyed wonder, a carefree and pure outlook on life where we literally think we are invincible and anything is possible. Didn't Jesus say that unless we come to Him like little children, we are incapable of entering His Kingdom? And Jesus knows what's up.
    Grace, there was something you wrote in one of your posts a long time ago, and I copied it into my phone and I read it from time to time. You said: "But I realize that I don't get to choose if I want to grow up or not. We all have to grow up, even if it scares the crap out of us. But why do we have to lose the child that is in all of us? Why must we conform to the world and become boring business people who don't have time for each other? I say we all take a pact, we keep this blog, posting gif's and Tumblr images and creepy SNL videos (yes Rose, that was directed at you ^.^)  And even if we all go to college and grow up physically, we still call each other and joke about IMP and fangirl over Harry Potter and Tom Hiddelston."
    I love it. I love this blog. It brings out the child in all of us, not just because we unleash our inappropriate senses of humor and crazy jokes but because we get excited about everything and write about our hopes and dreams like our 7-year-old selves. I'm thankful we have this opportunity to bring out the childlike attitude God meant for each of us to have, and that is all I have to say.
    Mercy my love, I hope you have a blast posting tomorrow! --Laura :)

No comments:

Post a Comment