Monday, April 21, 2014

My thoughts run like I do.

hay gurls.
    Okay, so I don't really hate all the Mondays ever. I've just been a bit of a Negative Nellie lately. Sometimes I feel like I would die of myselfness if I didn't have this blog and you lovely ladies to talk to, rant with, and bare a glimmer of my soul to whenever I read or write on this blog.
    Right then, ladies and gentlemen, we have now come to the part of the post in which yours truly replies to each and every post from last week! *Game show theme music intensifies* AND GUESS WHAT, LADIES AND GENTS? LOOK UNDER YOUR METAPHORICAL CHAIRS. THIS WEEK YOU EACH GET THE FIRST PICTURE ON GOOGLE IMAGES THAT POPS UP WHEN I SEARCH YOUR NAME! *cue pre-recorded applause*
Mercy- YOU GET *drumroll*
THATS RIGHT! KANYE WEST'S NEW SINGLE! I am beyond sorry.
    I'm really glad you found yourself in all those quizzes. Those things are always totally accurate (did you get my sarcasm? What I really mean is "those things are either 100% spot on or extremely shotty and give you a complex because your result pegs you with all these character traits you don't really have"). And gurrrl, Harry Styles can be your celebrity boyfriend if you want, regardless of what that quiz told you. As long as you keep yo hands off of Chris Evans. He's miiiine.
Rose-
YOU GET A ROSE! Without a hot bachelor to hand it to you on one knee. Life is full of disappointments, kiddo.
    I completely agree with your mild rant on the crappy job people do with writing these days, and I think what you should do about it is become a butt-kicking editor with a sassy haircut who passive-aggressively criticizes crappy authors by sending their manuscripts back to them, covered in red-ink grammar corrections and sassy comments. ;)
Grace-
at least this one's cool and beautiful- just like you :)
    Throwback Thursdays have always seemed lame to me, but those old pictures of Baby Foursome you posted were adorably awkward and perfect. God, I had awful hair back then- why did no one tell me? Also let's forever remember that I used to be the Tall One. Puberty has a way of crushing dreams and making hair grow in the most inconvenient places. Also, I vote we change the title of our blog or our URL to I Opened It Up And Got Scared And Left. Those nine words accurately describe how I used to react to letters we got from you gurls, and how I now react when I go to OTAS on the computer (I blame Plushenko) and how I open doors and drawers whenever we spend a lot of time together at each other's houses.

    Anyway, guess what I started doing again? I started running. I'm slower than a turtle, and I have to stop and just walk until I catch my breath sometimes, and my legs are sore, but I started running. And it's great. It's cathartic to me, like writing and singing. When my feet are pounding on the pavement and my iPod is on full blast, all my stress seems to melt away.
    I run to forget. I run until my calves are numb and all my worries seem silly and childish. I run to work out my problems, and sometimes I run from my problems. I run to get out of the house, to notice things like sunlight on the trees and laundry hanging picturesquely on an unknown neighbor's clothesline. I run and pray- for my community, for my family and friends, and for myself, for this startling recklessness burgeoning inside of me. And when I sprint home I feel a momentary peace, and the recklessness pulsing in my chest temporarily subsides.
    I know how you gurls feel about the E-word(exercise). Mercy and Rose at least have made their opinions about "working out" known. I honestly would hate exercising if it didn't make me feel less guilty about eating like a truck driver after a workout. But, not only does running give me those sexy leg muscles I have never had nor wanted, but it makes me feel better about myself. The endorphins  produced when I run chase depression away.
    So, if you gurls are still reading after my extremely boring sermon on the perks of the E-word, I have a lil question- what makes you happy? What brings you relief, makes you grow, ignites your passion? I just want to know. I want to know, and I want you to do whatever your answer to my question is, for your sake as well as for the sake of the world. The world would be a better place if everyone just worked hard at what makes them happy.
    That's all the time I have for today, ladies and gentlemen! Tune in sometime tomorrow, when Mercy hopefully tells us about what brings her joy with her usual Mercyish air of sunshiney sarcasm and One Direction GIFs- OHMYGOSH YOU KNOW WHAT I'VE BEEN COMPLETELY FORGETTING TO DO LATELY???
that's right. My Weekly Dose of This Guy and His Amazing Eyes. That is all :)

    --Laura :)

No comments:

Post a Comment