Thursday, March 13, 2014

this one's about words

Dear Rose, Mercy and Laura.... if she decides to come back sometime. 




IT FREAKIN SNOWED THIS MORNING. 

ugh. 

I'm so done with winter. I was so done with winter about 3 weeks ago. But now I really am seriously done. Tuesday was so warm and sunny and I got to wear my TOMs instead of my giant black snow boots and I was actually kinda warm in my jacket. BUT NO! 


Anyway. 


And if your strife strikes at your sleep
Remember spring swaps snow for leaves
You'll be happy and wholesome again
When the city clears and sun ascends

This has been on non-stop repeat in my head and would be on non-stop repeat on my iPod if it wasn't for all the k-pop I just put on. Speaking of k-pop. 


Isn't awesome how a certain song can bring back so many different thoughts and emotions? So many songs are tied to certain people and events and feelings. 

Winter Winds by Mumford and Sons makes me think of spring and makes me happy. The awesome trumpet part brings a giant smile to my face every. single. time. and I always think of Laura :) 

Sandy by NU'EST always makes me think of Mercy and Rose and sometimes Jonathan cause it's one of his favorite songs and he made me listen to it first. 

Oath by Cher Lloyd always makes me think of Sara and Joy and Stratton Brook and summer time and Narnia (not the book Narnia, and not beardless Narnia, the actual real life Simsbury Narnia.)  

Long Live by Taylor Swift makes me think of Quincy and dancing under fireworks on a hot July night and empty soccer fields and friends and bare feet. 

19 You + Me by Dan + Shay makes me think of Charlotte and a certain amazing concert. Hot country singers and so many feels. 

When I'm Gone by whatsherface makes me think of Zach and the DR or it could remind me of the week we had in February together. depending on how I sing it ;) 

As Long As Your Mine from Wicked makes me think of cold NYC and pretzels that tasted like cigarette smoke and warm gloves and an AMAZING Broadway (please read in Mercy's round story voice) performance. 

Anything from Mamma Mia makes me think of Victoria 

Banner of Love and City on our Knees makes me think of Faith Quest and August and THP and summer time. 

Music is just like....  my answer to life. When I'm happy, I find a song to explain it. 

like this one 


When I'm nostalgic, I listen to music like this


When I'm sad, I find way to many depressing songs that pull me into a pit of despair and Tumblr. 

When I'm quiet and want soft beautiful music, I have a whole entire playlist. 

And then theres kpop which is what I listen to all the time.

4 hours later 

OKAY GURLS I BOUGHT MYSELF A BOOK TODAY AND I'M SO HAPPY CAUSE I NEVER BUY MYSELF BOOKS AND I FINALLY DID AND IT'S A BOOK I'VE NEVER READ BEFORE AND I TOOK A REALLY BIG CHANCE AND I'M SO EXCITED!

I'm just so happy right now. I bought myself a book and mom got me Starbucks and it has been a satisfying day. This book was written during NaNoWriMo which is super impressive and makes me like it already. I've heard really amazing reviews about it so I took a chance and now it's sitting in my bedroom with Chapter One still fresh in my mind. It seems like a much easier read than The Book Thief which I'm still making my way through. I really love The Book Thief. It's a heavy book but in a really good way. And those are some of my favorite books to read.

Books and reading are my other answer to life. There are so many books that fill me with nostalgia.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory reminds me of that fort Mercy, Judah and I built in the garage attic. I remember sitting up there, in the stifling heat, eating stale pretzels and trying to finish it before the first book club meeting that night. So many books bring me back to book club. (remember that blog the book club had for a hot second, Mercy?)

The Help reminds me of Cape Cod. As does Gone with the Wind.

Harry Potter reminds me of all things bright and beautiful

TFiOS reminds me of smart people.

I love words and the way they can be all bunched together in a book and make the feel one way or they can be spread out on a beautiful tune and make me feel a completely different way. The power of words is truly incredible.

This is the end to my fangirl post. I do love how different my fangirling is from Curly Q's and Sassbucket's.
I can't wait to hear from Siri on Monday. Better have a whole ton of stories to tell and wise things to share. Hope you're all staying warm today <3 Grace

P.S. we all know what this song makes us think of 

No comments:

Post a Comment