Wednesday, February 26, 2014

I was born in the wrong generation.

It's hump day!

:


This week has been insanely strange, and weirdly eventful. Laura decided what school she was going to. Annie has a house. And mom gave me my own copy of the complete works of William Shakespeare. All in all I'd say this week has been pretty great. And not just in my life, you girls, Grace and Mercy not Laura, are getting a puppy. I mean that is pretty wonderful, even if Mercy is a sworn dog hater. Wait a hot second, did I just say something positive for once? Weirdddddddd. Anyway, I'm going to reply to your posts now before I start crying or something.

Laura: I'm so happy you know what school you're going to! It's just so exciting. Not to mention, it's almost guaranteed I'll get my own room next year. I really am proud of you my little утконос.

Limpy: Your post was wonderful. Ans you're not limpy anymore? Weird. Not that I care, I'm still calling you Limpy. AND I'M LISTENING TO MIDNIGHT MEMORIES! I LOVE IT SO MUCH! I JUST ASDFGHJKL;'

Grace: Your post from a week and a half ago-ish was beautiful. And, DO YOU LOVE THE BOOK THIEF? I KNOW YOU DO. HAS MAX COME IN YET? I just can't.

(ALERT ALERT WEE OO WEE OO! ROSE IS ABOUT TO FREAK OUT ABOUT WORLD WAR 2 SO PREPARE YOURSELVES TO SKIM THE NEXT PARAGRAPH!)

On the subject of depressing Holocaust novels, I just finished this wonderful French novel called Sarah's Key. It had just about everything I love: World War 2, Journalists, and an incredible soul wrenching plot. It was lovely. In a horribly morbid, depressing, fantastic way. Anyway, while I was reading this book I realized that next year is the 70th anniversary of the end of the war. And since I have a slightly disturbing fascination with the 2nd World War, I found this terribly exciting. I mean almost 70 years ago all the concentration camps where liberated! Almost 70 years ago millions of families were reunited with their relatives who where serving over seas. Almost 70 years ago Hitler died. About 70 years ago my grandparents met.

I should have been born in the 1930's. I can't believe I'm stuck in this generation. I have the perfect hair for pin curls. I would have looked fantastic in high wasted skirts. I could have been alive for the Beatles. I could have been alive for James Taylor. I could have been alive before the death of chivalry. I could have been a could have been perfect teacher before the education system went south. I could have been alive for Ronald Reagan's presidency. I could have voted for Eisenhower. I WOULD HAVE BEEN A TEENAGER IN THE 1940'S! I HATE THIS TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





Okay, I need to to stop lest I further my existential crisis. Anyway, I miss you guys so much! Chimmy, I mean, P.F. Chang misses you too. WE NEED TO SEE YOU SOON OR I WILL DIE. DO YOU WANT ME TO DIE? And Sandy is stuck in my head.And Shank was at the closing ceremonies and I almost died. And Beijing 2008. And the isle runner. And the nuns. And YOO HOO BIG SUMMER BLOWOUT!

Okay, I'm done. Grace, I'm looking forward to your post tomorrow! -Rosie.

No comments:

Post a Comment