Thursday, October 31, 2013

I hate blog post titles

Dear Laura, Rose, Mercy, and whoever happens to be reading this,

Laura, I completely know what you're talking about. I feel like I'm so busy with school and just life in general but I've started to pile on even more school this week. And yeah sure I'll go on a three day weekend retreat with my class from youth group on November 1st so I fall three days behind on NaNo before I've even started. That's cool. And of course I'll fill in that application so I can get a part time job while I study to get my drivers permit and the SAT (curse you 11th grade!!) and yet at the same time I do like the business because it keeps me from scrolling down my FB newsfeed for hours on end. And then it makes those 2 hour naps on the weekend and picking up a new book that much more amazing.

Rose, you posted almost exactly what I wanted to say to Mercy.
Curly-Q, I was feeling exactly what you posted about right before I went to the DR. I wasn't going to God with anything and I was getting seriously depressed with my life and upset with God. Fortunately I had an incredible missions trip (that I couldn't get out of) to go on that blew any negative thoughts right out of my mind.  You dearie, unfortunately don't have that. But like Rose said, don't compare your walk with God to anybody else. Everyone is having their own struggle with life and God even if you don't see it. And your faith alone is so much more than most people have. I still neglect God (usually when I need him most) at times and end up as a sad alpaca wandering around the house questioning my very existence. Yeah we all know that reading the Bible and praying are good things that do need to happen but as long as you're trusting in Jesus, you've got the first part down and you're farther than probably a lot of people you know. Also, being able to tell us (as well as the whole entire internet) what you're struggling with is huge. In D-group last year, we used to ask each other how they were doing physically, emotionally, and spiritually, and sometimes it was really hard to tell those couple girls in a very safe environment what was going on. I know you're going to conquer this battle and if you need to me to be, I can be that sister that Rose mentioned in her post.

So this week I was starting to feel all grossed out by fall. I really really like the first couple weeks when you can still wear short sleeves and you don't have to wear socks to bed. When the sun still shines and makes everything orange looking and when suddenly everything you taste is pumpkin. I like those days. But now this wannnabe November weather is making me feel disgusting and grey. So I decided to venture out of the house (ah! the horror of it!) and take some pictures and embrace the cold, grey but actually quite beautiful wannabe November weather. No, I'm not a  professional photographer (as you'll see from these pictures) but that's okay. I'm not trying to be.









getting ready for winter

Lydia's creepy face she gave me


and her cute face that the more you look at it, the more it creepily looks like me. Kinda


November sun




After I did that, I came in a drank a mug of tea and did my school and all in all it changed my whole view of the day. It was quite lovely.

Well, tonight is Halloween and Mercy and I are pairing up with our friend Joy to be Margo, Edith, and Agnes from Despicable me. Perhaps I shall put up pictures next week.
Malachi is part of Big Brothers Big Sisters (if you don't know what it is- Google it) and is bringing his "little brother" with us which should be fun and I can't wait to meet him.

Laura- I sincerely hope you feel better <3 we'll see you on Monday and I hope you all have a fantastic weekend.

 Ps- have a laugh ILS/PBA ftw


No comments:

Post a Comment