Monday, September 23, 2013

We are The Foursome

 
the nicest picture of us four. Minus me. I look terrified.


the worst picture of us four. Minus me. I look pretty hot :)

and, yeah. This is THE picture of The Foursome.


 Hello!
     I have the honor of being the first of us four girls to post. Call this a blog, call it a project, or call it the letters between a group of sisters, best friends since before birth with different personalities, bound together by blood and the same witty, inappropriate sense of humor. This is our way of keeping in touch, separated as we are by the Connecticut Interstate and the busyness of our own lives.
    The origin of The Foursome (consisting of Laura and Rose, Grace and Mercy) dates back to before any of us were alive. Our moms met in church when they were simultaneously pregnant with babies that were not us (it's funny, listening to moms gauge time by when they were pregnant with whichever kid). I was born a few years later; Grace, a year after me; her sister, Mercy, about two years later; and Rose, my sister, seventeen days after that. We grew up together, our intertwining childhood memories consisting of apple-picking and homeschool field trips and family parties. Now, we are teenage girls, and despite our hormones and awkward middle school photos, we have survived, and so has our friendship thus far.
    To be honest, I was more nervous than excited about writing this. I had no idea how to start, or who to address this to, since this blog is supposed to be like letters to and from our sisterhood. I figured an introduction would suffice, just in case anyone who is not a member of The Foursome were to read this (and if that's so, hii. Congrats on reading this uber-long post that has nothing to do with you. Your mama would be proud). But now that I am halfway through, I am so stoked about how this project is going to go!
    Now, I would like to introduce myself and the three lovely ladies who I fangirl and cook fancy dinners and make up new lyrics to pop songs with:

Laura
that's me! I'm the oldest -I turn eighteen in January, frighteningly- and I'm sure the other three-quarters of this sisterhood would agree: I'm a control freak. I tend to hate it when everything doesn't go my way, but believe me, being bossy has its perks. I tend to be the head conspirator in all of our little adventurous escapades. I have a vast and vivid imagination that takes me places my skittish feet would dare not go. The rest of the Foursome would probably also tell you that I'm The Smart One. I don't necessarily believe that, but I'm also one of those annoying people who has a really good sense of the good in other people, but little to no sense of the good in myself. My fellow sisters also call me Siri (I have an answer for everything) Severus Snape (I get weirdly grumpy sometimes, due to my horrible habit of overthinking and analyzing everything until I get depressed) and Mrs. Mumford (due to my obsession with  everything Mumford & Sons). I love too many things. I love fall, bonfires with my hysterical friends, making sarcastic and witty remarks/analogies about the decadence of society, Starbucks, dancing like a fool, chemistry jokes and puns, Jane Austen, and cookie butter from Trader Joe's. Seriously, people, that stuff is heaven in a jar.

Mercy
HEYO! I'm Mercy, otherwise known as Curly-Q, The Q-Tip, (because I have curly hair, duh,) The Fangirl, Potterhead, or just Mercy. I'm fourteen and half years old. Yippee.
I love to eat food and read books and fangirl. Especially about Harry Potter and Doctor Who. And Hunter Hayes, who happens to be my future husband. I cry about a lot of things. It's a disease I have called Over-Active Tear Ducts. It's not contagious, don't worry.

Rose
Hi there! I'm Rose, the comedic relief, also known as The Bucket of Sass, The Ultimate Gurl Please, or Rosie. I'm fourteen and a half as well, it sucks. I have a serious case of ILS (Inappropriate Laughing Syndrome). It's not a joke. It's also highly contagious.
 I like tumbling, reading (especially Harry Potter), and sleeping. I hate lots of things.

Grace
Hey, I'm Grace. I'm 16 years old, home-schooled and probably the quietest of this group. But just because I am quiet doesn't mean I'm not crazy. I'm known as The Asian Burrito, or the evil closet mastermind. I'm geeky and consider myself a Potterhead, Whovian, Nerdfighter and many other things that I can't seem to remember. I love to read and would probably say it's my favorite past time. I consider myself an introvert and I tend to be pretty awkward in public situations and can never find the right words to say at the right time. Jeans and a hoody are my favorite clothes to wear and I don't get the girls who plaster their faces with makeup every single day. I love to hang out with these three and make drink disasters, and delicious food. I'm considering going to culinary school (you'll probably be seeing a lot of recipes from me) but like most people my age I'm still on the fence about it. I also love to play piano guitar and sing off-key. I love to write and I think that I get my thoughts out best when I write them. I love coffee, rainy days, muffins, pretty sunsets, walks in the park, the feeling of listening to music on headphones, french toast, Pinterest, the ocean, and I dream of one day exploring the world.

    So this is us. We're nerdy and socially awkward (read: awesome) and break into song periodically. And now we have a blog. Since I wrote this first letter on Monday, Mercy will write back tomorrow, Rose the next day, and Grace after that (in case you're wondering, we write in birthday order). Anyone who fails to write on her assigned day will be punished by whoever posts the day after her, either by mockery and satire, or by a sibling who is not a member of The Foursome writing their post for them. Capisce, ladies? I'll give you a hard copy of the blog rules when we see each other face to face (EIGHT DAYS GRACIE!).
    Well, this is where I say bye. Mercy, write back tomorrow lest you face the wrath of The Ultimate Gurl Please (remember, she has Jaquan on her side).
    Always,
LauraBeth <3

No comments:

Post a Comment