Friday, November 27, 2015

idk

  "Becky sighed. "Fine then." She trudged off into the woods.



The little mismatched group all followed Becky out of the chilly cemetery and down to the sidewalk towards her large house. Becky's mind was racing with all the possibilities, of everything that could go wrong. She was honestly terrified. She knew she had to apologize to her father, and she wanted to. She was just afraid of him.

"Hey, everything is going to work out perfectly fine." Jesse said reassuringly, patting Becky's arm, as if he had read her mind, "I'm sure you're dad will be relieved that you've apologized, he's probably afraid that you hate him."

Beck sighed and let out a small, nervous laugh, "Well, it's a little weird when you find out that your dad has killed someone before....I mean, even if it was in his own defense. It's still scary, and a little frustrating." 

Jesse nodded and pursed his lips, "I can see how that might be weird..." he said, then became quiet as they reached Becky's rambling house. 

Becky drew in a sharp breath, her stomach turning uncomfortably as she paused at the front door, before shaking her head and walking in. It was now or never. 

Becky crept down the silent hallway towards her father's study, followed closely by Danny and Jesse. She stopped at the door, pressing her ear up against it, but she heard nothing from the other side. 

"Are they still fighting?" Danny whispered loudly, looking over at Becky with wide eyes in the dark hallway. Becky shook her head, "I don't hear anything..." 

Becky stood up straight and cleared her throat, glancing at the two boys, "If you don't mind, I kind of want to do this alone..." she said, pressing her lips together with a weak smile, nodding towards them expectantly. 

"Oh- yes, of course!" Jesse said and grabbed Danny's arm, making him stand up straight before they both saluted, "We will stay right out here." 

"Thanks guys, I appreciate it." Becky said before turning to knock on her father's door, determined. 

"Come in," Sir Ernest Michael McGunnigal XVII's voice came from the other side and Becky looked at the two boys with wide eyes, crossing her fingers before opening his door and walking in.

The study looked the exact same since she had last been in it, except there was no sign of Taylor.

"Oh, Becky, you're back." Sir Ernest said, looking up from the large book he was reading. 

Becky swallowed and nodded slowly, "Yes, I am.... where's Taylor?" she asked nervously.

Sir Ernest raised his eyebrows at her from over his book, then slowly set it down on his desk. He placed a bookmark in the spot he was at, before closing the book and slowly taking his reading glasses off, "She's in the kitchen, waiting to be sent back into eternal damnation." he said blatantly. 


"You're sending her back? When?" Becky asked, taking a few steps towards him.

"Well, I was planning on doing it as soon as I finished that chapter," Sir Ernest explained, gesturing to his book.

"Oh. Can I watch?" Becky asked, looking at her father hopefully. A small smile creeped on to the old wizards face, "Of course, my daughter." he said, nodding proudly.

"Thank you!" Becky said with a small smile, "But, um, that's not why I'm here." she said, her tone becoming quiet again, "Dad- I mean, father... I just wanted to say that I forgive you... for everything. For, you know, like, lying to me and killing that girl and all of that stuff....." she said awkwardly, staring down at her shoes and picking at the skin on her upper lip nervously, "I know it couldn't be easy for you and I'm sorry that you had to be tortured... I just- yeah. I forgive you. I hope you can forgive me for not being magical, like everyone else in our family...." she murmured softly, still keeping her eyes fixated on the floor.

There was a moment of silence before Becky heard shuffling from Sir Ernest's desk and she glanced up. He was rearranging some papers on his desk, "Becky... thank you. I accept your apology and, you know, I really owe you an apology as well. I know I have been a good father to you in these past 17 years of your life in a literal sense, but.... I was never really there for you, emotionally or morally. I know what I did was wrong and I appreciate that you understand that and can forgive me for it.
Also, you do not have to apologize for not being magical- which I don't believe that you're 'not magical'" He told her, looking at her with a stern look, "I truly believe you have magic in your soul, but I will try to stop holding you to a standard that you feel like you can't reach. Please, just.. relax. Take your time... I will always be here for you whenever you have any questions, or just want to talk."

Becky let out a deep sigh of relief and looked up at him, fondness coming over her face, "Thank you father. That means so much to me."

Sir Ernest nodded and walked around his desk, crossing the room and going over to her, "Never forget how much I love you, daughter." he said, before drawing her into a hug. It was a painfully awkward hug, but Becky loved it nonetheless because it was the epitome of who her father was.





ok i'm just leaving it there.... i hope you enjoyed this bc it was actually a real post for once but grace hates me for taking so long so i gtg !!!

xoxo,
mercy

No comments:

Post a Comment