Friday, May 29, 2015

thinking about life and college

(PSA- I didn't proofread this. Sorry.)

Man: Oh no. You don't know this dog. You don't live with this dog.
Woman: you don't know what my pets are like. My cat eats everything. She ate a pack of cigarettes, she ate my bed.
Man: You shouldn't smoke anyway. The cat's doing you a favor!!

This conversation was spoken in such animated tones that I couldn't help but chuckle and write it down. I wonder if I'm considered creepy for copying down someone's conversation. Would I be creeped out if I found out someone had written down one of my conversations? Probably not. After all, I am a very clever comedian in training except not at all because I hate public speaking.

 Rose, I already told you your post was magical but I'll repeat it for all the interweb to hear. Your post was magical.

Mercy, yes. Also, can we just talk about how awful movie Ginny is?

Laura, everything was so much better than I could've written. I'm so bad at processing my thoughts and getting them down on paper. I used to be so much better. Or maybe I just thought I was really good when in reality, it was just as bad as it is now. Which is a shame. Because I miss writing fiction. I miss passing letters to my friends at church. I miss journaling and I miss clearing my head with some words and letters. 

So I just got back from an amazing Ethiopian restaurant with my crew from 30 Hour Famine and I can't get over how amazing it was. I have not had food quite that good in a ridiculously long time. It was so different from American food and yet I loved it just as much, if not more, than everything I've always had and grown up with. And I love that about different places and different people and cultures. I love how different we are and yet how we can connect over things like food, music, or the concept of story telling. 
As I've been thinking about college and what I want to study, the study of Anthropology has really peaked my interest and I've been reading a lot about it. (If I've blogged about this already, lemme know. Or just skip down to the end.) It's so interesting and it makes me want to travel everywhere and see everyone and eat food, and talk new languages, and study different people. I want to learn different ways of thinking and different ways of doing things just by hearing grandparents tell stories of long times ago. I want to learn from countries and cultures that are so much more advanced then our own and I want to constantly hear what others have to say and I want to help and be helped. 
And it all sounds great and lovely and adventurous but very far out there and sorta unrealistic but crazier things have happened. Also I'm only saying it sounds unrealistic because it can't happen right at this moment. 

But you know what can happen at this moment? Bed. Because it's 10:38pm and I'm as tired as a tired monkey. 
Once again, I know this is short. I feel like I've been giving so little to this blog lately. I don't know. I've been giving a lot of effort into every other aspect of my life right now and soon some of it is going to be no more but I don't know how I'll feel after that. I don't like change. 
<3 Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment