Monday, March 9, 2015

My life is a hot beautiful mess.

Hi friends!
#same
    I didn't think I was going to have time to post today but then I did because all of my regular classes were basically cancelled due to midterms. So now I'm hiding in the library with Rachel and glancing over anatomy review and anticipating going for a long run after this.
    But first, let me reply to all of your lovely posts:
    Mercy-love: your post was hot. Much like your face. I love that you're becoming so grown-up. Sometimes I look at people my age and think, in the words of my dear friend Becca, "who let you adult?" You are not one of those people.
    Rosie-Posy: WOW YOU'RE SIXTEEN AND YOU HAVE A PHONE AND YOU'RE GETTING YOUR EARS DOUBLE-PIERCED AND YOU CAN LEGALLY GET A JOB AND ELOPE AND CONSENT TO STUFF. I love that I can text you all the time. It makes me feel really popular.
    Grace:
    (I'm responding to nothing because your post was so infernally short and sad. Like me).
    I learned all the words to this song over spring break.
    LIST OF THINGS LAURA DID OVER SPRING BREAK:
    1. Cried for two days straight.
    3. Ate and slept nonstop for three days straight.
    4. Worked out (Leg. Day. Ugh).
    5. Learned all the words to Uptown Funk.
    6. Arm-knitted four scarves.
    7. Shoveled some New Hampshire cocaine.
    8. Studied at Starbucks all alone like some white girl from a paranormal teen romance novel.
    9. Went out to breakfast with Opera Rachel.
    10. Drank two green smoothies (110% recommend to the universe at large).
    I was supposed to be in Delaware last week with Habitat for Humanity. But I basically had a mental breakdown because of midterms, so my parents convinced me to stay home and take care of myself. Now, I'm back at school, and I've accepted the fact that my life is a hot beautiful mess filled with much laughter and many tears and a lot of awkward moments.
    My grades will never be perfect. Nursing school is always going to be really freaking hard. I will never have a perfect thigh gap. People are always going to make fun of me for being a Christ follower and not partying or drinking or sleeping around. Having a male suitor does not complete me. Sometimes, I smell funny. But it's all a part of life, and I'm thrilled to be a part of it :)
Our Queen
Because Hunter Hayes.
This quote reminds me of every member of the Foursome.
    I heard a rumor that you Ege gurls are visiting the weekend after next and I could not be more excited. Even though I can only be there for some of the time, I cannot wait for our shenanigans which usually involve bruschetta and aisle runners to begin ;)
   
The basis of our friendship, really.
    I really must go now and learn things. Tata my fine lady friends! 
--Laura :)

No comments:

Post a Comment